Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
VIR Full (Tarheel) Sept 14-16
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VIR Full (Tarheel) Sept 14-16

VIR Full (Tarheel) Sept 14-16

I'm planning on going to this event, which will be my first at VIR, and
    I'm looking for information on where to stay in the area - keep in mind that cost is a factor. I wouldn't mind camping there, but I've heard they don't allow it. If possible, I'd be happy to split a room with somebody.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

~Colin
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

With the advent of lodging within the VIR grounds, Tarheel may have arranged for camping to be allowed too. Check with the Tarheel chapter.
    Before it was an issue of paying for overnight security. The track and chapter didn't want campers to be locked within the grounds in case of emergency.

I understand there is a campground just north of the intersection of US58 and Virginia Route 62 - about 8-10 miles from the track.

I think the cheapest half-way decent lodging in Danville is the Innkeeper on Riverside Drive.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Multiple Chapters

What do you have to do to join the Tar Heal Chapter as well as NCC? Just call the national club or can you do it online somehow? (I think chapter members get to register on August 1st, before they open it up to the rest of us on the 2nd....)

"Aerodynamics is for people who can't build engines." -- Enzo Ferrari
    '06 MINI Cooper S
    GeorgeCo Blog

You can add an additional chapter (I think it's $15/yr) on the national page.
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

You'll love VIR Colin, it's awesome.

I believe The Lodge is cheaper than many hotels (it's cheaper than the Hampton Inn for example). The Sleep Inn is cheaper than Hampton, I think it's ~$75.00 a night. They're both clean. Sleep Inn is about 10 -15 minutes from the track, and the Hampton Inn, Comfort Inn, Courtyard (!!!) etc are another 5. None are really a long haul, and there's cheap gas near both to fill up prior to each day.

I'll be down there next week and the Thursday/Friday before Labour day.

You'll love the gas prices in the Danville area. A couple of weeks ago premium was about $2.90 per gallon.
    Woody

The Liberty station in Danville usually has the best prices on gas, and they sell 100 octane, if you're going for the HPDE trophy.

Much like my habits when attending schools at Summit, I've never stayed in a hotel while attending a school or race at VIR, but the commute isn't so bad for me.

Also, keep in mind that the Lodge has WiFi access for guests, which is available in the paddock.

You've been away working too long Dan. The Liberty station has changed names to Sprint (or is it Spirit?) A friend filled up his STi there a few weeks ago and the 93 apparently had a mixture of diesel or kerosene in it. Ruined his weekend. I don't know if they still sell 100.
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by gnhovis View Post
    What do you have to do to join the Tar Heel Chapter as well as NCC? Just call the national club or can you do it online somehow? (I think chapter members get to register on August 1st, before they open it up to the rest of us on the 2nd....)
    It's $15.30/year and it would be prorated to coincide with your current membership.

And that's Tar Heel.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Actually it's Tarheel. At least that's what they call it.
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Actually it's Tarheel. At least that's what they call it.
    Ooops. I guess I should know that.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

How much is the class? Anyone find it yet?
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

I think it's $350 for two days on one of the best tracks in the world. Registration opens Aug 1.

http://www.tarheelbmwcca.org/fallschool.htm
    Woody

Bummer. I'm not going to be able to go.
    I think this year may be a wash.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information