Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Summit Point; July 28-29 Event

Thread: Summit Point; July 28-29 Event

Summit Point; July 28-29 Event

Is anyone from the chapter going?

I have never been and hope to attend most of the day on Saturday. Is there anything I should know?

For example, I heard that the WV troopers mean business on Route 340 West.

Should I take a chair or would it be better to stroll around the track?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelms View Post
    Is anyone from the chapter going?

I have never been and hope to attend most of the day on Saturday. Is there anything I should know?

For example, I heard that the WV troopers mean business on Route 340 West.

Thanks.
    I was just out there this weekend for the NCC Shenadoah School at Summit and found 340 to be a delightful drive for the most part. It is 65 mph most of the way between Frederick and the end of the highway outside Harpers Ferry. Some weekend congestion on the 1 lane road crossing the Potomac/Shenandoah Rivers at the WV/VA border returning on Sunday afternoon that slowed us down about 15 minutes and another 15 minutes in heavy traffic when merging onto 270 South until 270 opens up to 3 and then 5 lanes. I hear speed enforcement is much tougher taking the Rte 7 route between Leesburg and Berrysville.
    BonBahn

Quote Originally Posted by wnelms View Post

Thanks.
    Stroll through the paddock for an upclose view of all the race cars. Try to guess how much money is being spend on this "low key" BMW race series.
    Drive through the infield to the inside of turn 1. Most of the passing will occur entering this turn. The grandstand outside of turn 8 will give a view of turns 4 through 9. The grandstand outside of turn 10 will give a view a fast turn where many "offs" occur. Leave the chair in your car.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Thanks for the 411 guys.

Things have changed, and I will probably be attending solo. For those interested in conversation, I will be the lonely looking AA surveying the land (i.e., not sitting) in a black BMW hat!

Banned
    At least in VA and probably WVA the state and local law enforcement are on Bill Scott's mailing list and have a good idea what events are going on at Summit Point.

Enforcement isnt at the same level in January and February as it is during the Spring and Summer on Rt 7.

I remeber back in the good ole days before all the bypasses around the little towns the early to mid 80's when local town cops would be out in force to nail drivers stupid enough to ignore the 35mph and 25mph signs heading into their towns. Back when most of Rt 7 the other side of Leesburg was one lane in each direction until you got Mt Weather.

I am sure other chapter members remember when there were horses and carriages.

If you want to see real athletes demsonstrating their athletic skills and intelligence come to Border Collie herding trial in Berryville.

Dave Apker and the collies
    My herding dog is smarter than a race driver

I'll alway remember on the way to one of my first Summit Point schools stopping on the west end of Purcellville for donuts. I heard a roar and turned around to see Larry Masten going by at warp speed in his bronze 633CSi. The speed limit was either 25 or 35 at that point. In those days I was impressed that someone would so blatantly ignore the speed limits.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

i'll be there...look for the low budget "ml2 motorsports" enclosed trailer with matching little f250 truck parked next to the el cheapo black 'n blue 325is race car #64....

dave - saying your dogs are smarter than race car drivers isn't saying much for your dogs.......:P

Thread Information