Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
July 28

Thread: July 28

July 28

I guess this also could have gone under the heading for Autocross, Racing, or Concours, but. . .
    July 28 could be a car-filled day. First there's our chapter autocross in Manassas. Then run out to Summit Point to watch the BMW Club Race put on by the New Jersey Chapter. On the way home from the races stop in Purcellville for the annual car show:
    http://www.summerthundercruisein.com/events.htm
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Why must i always be out of town during these weekends?

The BMW Club Races this weekend at Summit Point will mark the debut of RRT's C-Modified E46 323 to be driven by Barry Battle. Saturday's races are scheduled for 3:45 and 4:15. Qualifying runs will be earlier in the day. I don't have Sunday's schedule.
    Woody

Go E46 323 !!!!! :d
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Thanks to those that came out for the Cruise-in:
    Bills Riblett & Williams
    Alan Post
    Zach Pullins
    David and Patty Bowen

We had ~10 BMWs present, with an estimated 700 cars in attendance - we're gaining on them!!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Thanks to those that came out for the Cruise-in:
    Bills Riblett & Williams
    Alan Post
    Zach Pullins
    David and Patty Bowen

We had ~10 BMWs present, with an estimated 700 cars in attendance - we're gaining on them!!
    Cruise-in at Purcellville is an outstanding event, it took a little doing, I didn't know that it was 95 miles between Columbia, MD and Purcellville, VA but my bimmer is much happier for the road trip. I also began socializing the idea with the 2002 dudes of a Vintage coral of their own at the Fall NCC event at PassPort BMW 21 Oct 2K7. All in all, I'm very glad I went to support the club and a few friends. Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

The NJ race was great fun to watch

Barry Battle has quite a fun fight with a highly modifies E30. I wonder what was under the hood of that little car. I wonder if anyone got pics of the wreck on the front straight.

My sons enjoyed meeting the race car drivers and sitting in the driver's seats of real race cars.

Good to see Woody, Brian, Andy, Gerry, and many more from the NCC at the races.

I left my camera at home so no photos (
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson Button View Post
    Barry Battle has quite a fun fight with a highly modifies E30. I wonder what was under the hood of that little car. I wonder if anyone got pics of the wreck on the front straight.

My sons enjoyed meeting the race car drivers and sitting in the driver's seats of real race cars.

Good to see Woody, Brian, Andy, Gerry, and many more from the NCC at the races.

I left my camera at home so no photos (
    that was steve keefer's e30 318 with an s50 engine. really fast.

front straight wreck was an e46m3 that broke a control arm coming out of turn 10.

turn 9 wreck was e36 325 of chris turrissi. looked bad with it's rear end up on the tire wall but he raced sunday

turn 3 wreck sunday was e36 m3 blown motor, spun in oil into gravel. another car followed him in. caused 20+min delay in middle of race to clean it up.

it was a fun weekend of racing! i managed 1st in JP class both days.
    Last edited by mlytle; 07-30-2007 at 02:16 PM. Reason: typo'd the engine desig for steve's 318. woody got it right!

Banned
    I could hear the cars running over at the herding trial on Sunday. I was just too tired from moving sheep out of pens all day to stop by after the trial ended at 300pm. And then I caught the storms around Gilbert's Corner all the way home.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson Button View Post
    Barry Battle has quite a fun fight with a highly modifies E30. I wonder what was under the hood of that little car. o(
    The second place car in Saturday's race was a 318i with a built S50 M3 engine. The car weighs 2,200 lbs with driver! It is owned/driven by Steve Kiefer from the Philly area.
    Woody

Thread Information