Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
NCC October 20-21, 2007 Drivers' School - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NCC October 20-21, 2007 Drivers' School

Anyone with some good Jefferson stories?

How about our last rainy event day? The Jeff sure it slick in the wet, especially turn 1.
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

Stories about the Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson Button View Post
    How about our last rainy event day? The Jeff sure it slick in the wet, especially turn 1.

Do stories about the Washington Region SCCA trying to do a Solo II event count? As in when a certain Porsche Boxster was launched over the berm into the trees on the back straight.
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

Jefferson – Perennial Fav or One Night Stand ?

As a newcomer to the Jefferson (this will be first time if I get accepted), I’m told it’s short and low speed, but highly technical. Do people find this venue to be worth doing over and over, or is a single 2-day school enough to get your fill? I'm looking forward to running it in both a directions as that will be a "first" for me. I imagine there will be good lessons in that.
    FastFITZ
    Cayman S

This will be my first time on Jefferson in a car but I've done many days there on motorcycles. I like the shortness because it allows more laps and more opportunities to work on each corner. Repetition is what I need to beat each lesson into my tiny brain.
    RRT Racing Crew Member

Banned
    Jefferson is even more fun when the puddles at apex just begin to freeze in the last run groups of the day.

Dave Apker

Dang! I got wait listed! I'm so bummed. What are the chances of a cancellation?
    RRT Racing Crew Member

Talking The Jeff is great

Because of its lower speeds, I always feel more comfortable practicing trail braking, and other car control skills. There are lots of fun details about the line, the crown of the asphalt, and elevation changes. Several corners mask their true potential speed so it will certainly take more than one two day school to explore all the Jefferson has to offer.

This track is also one of the very slickest I have ever driven in the rain. This can result in giant skid-pad sessions which are not only the most educational, but about as much fun as one can have in a car legally fully clothed.
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

This can result in giant skid-pad sessions which are not only the most educational, but about as much fun as one can have in a car legally fully clothed.[/quote]

So how much fun can you have illegally, fully clothed or not??

Enquiring minds want to know, Bob!

PS: Got my acceptance email last night, so the white beast and I will be there to play!
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce N View Post
    Dang! I got wait listed! I'm so bummed. What are the chances of a cancellation?
    I did too, I pre reg'd on time and sent my payment in, but too many ppl signed up. Grrr This would have been my first event I didn't have to drive 5 hours for, it's 45 mins from home and my family was even coming along to watch
    ~Phil

Banned
    Anyone remember the first school at the Jefferson? And the freak snow storm Saturday night! Oh what fun running up I81 from dinner in Winchester back to my motel on 008RS's in the snow. Only a couple of miles but with semis blowing by and blowing snow it was scary. Espcially once off the interstate and the few hundred yards back to motel parking lot. Than god for LSD.

And it wasnt just a dusting of snow. Just happy I didnt have to go home over Mt Weather on Rt 7 in it.

Dave Apker and the collies.

Shame we dont have November schools anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by M50_328is View Post
    I did too, I pre reg'd on time and sent my payment in, but too many ppl signed up.
    You can pre-register anytime before registration opens. What is important is the postmark date.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Yep, I delayed one day mailing my application. So sad.
    RRT Racing Crew Member

HELP: Hawk HT-10 fronts for a 2001 330

Screwed up and only ordered rear HT-10 pads, now I'm looking for fronts on short notice. The pad shape is 135. I've called OG, Autoy, Dan Martin (left a message). Bimmerworld's offered to overnight them to the track, which is cool, but if I can get them today that would be much better.

Thanks for any help,

TW
    Torquewrench / Phil Williams
    2001 330i Sport Package, Orient Blue

Dan might be at the track now.

BTW- I have wine glasses from a past Ofest that I want to get rid of.
    I'm going to be bringing them up with me.
    Anyone else have any requests from the National office?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

I thought he might be. If anyone has a lead on a set of pads, let me know here or give me a call at 301-219-9833.

Thanks again,

Phil/TW
    Torquewrench / Phil Williams
    2001 330i Sport Package, Orient Blue

Thread Information