Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Best dealer service center for transmission!

Thread: Best dealer service center for transmission!

Cool Best dealer service center for transmission!

I need to install a new transmission soon. Which is the best dealer service center to get it done, regarding quality of work and price? Around MD and VA.

Cool

That's a very good question, however my question right back at ya is can your bimmer make it 200 miles down to Chesapeake, VA. If the answer to this question is affirmative, then I've got a better answer and better deal for you. I originally was a member of the Tidewater Chapter before moving back to the DC Metro. A friend and fellow member in Chesapeake has a shop called Sports & Imports and he did my transmission for $1600.00 parts and labor. I priced the same job here in our area and the cost was $2600.00 parts and labor. His number is 757-545-9394, his name is Mike Robinson and he's a BMW track dude. The only Stealership I would trust in this area would be BMW of Sterling and of the Independents, I would favor FunKtion Auto over most of the other indy's. My problem with this area isn't the quality of the work because I've used most everyone on Dan's list, however the hourly rate for labor is between 120.00 and 150.00 an hour. Sports & Imports charges me 80.00 an hour, because parts cost what parts cost. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Banned
    Why do want to go to a dealer to have it done? The car is out of warranty and the cost will be more. There are many reliable BMW specific independent shops that will do a great job at a good price and do a better job than the stealer ever will.

Dave Apker

Thread Information