Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Any golfers out there? - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Any golfers out there?

looks like the exact date will be Sunday, June 7th at 2pm. Saturday wasnt available due to prior commitments at the golf course, so hopefully Sunday will work for a majority of you. our outing has been added to the calendar and there's more info here:

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?v...=com_eventlist
    Last edited by pseto; 02-27-2009 at 09:57 PM.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    I'm thinking of planning a golf outing if anyone is interested. I was thinking of either a 1 day getaway (scenic drive, eat and play) or a local tournament. Let me know what you prefer.

Also, any suggestions as to what course(s) should be considered, please chime in. I've played almost all public courses in MD, and I'm familiar with many in VA and surrounding areas. Anyone willing to offer up their private club (attention Congressional members!!)?

A few of the courses I've thought about are:
    Swan Point (Issue, MD)
    Queenstown River (Queenstown, MD)
    Bulle Rock (Havre de Grace, MD)
    Maryland National (Frederick, MD)
    Whiskey Creek (Frederick, MD)
    Stonewall (Gainesville, VA)
    Westfields (Clifton, VA)

Please let me know your thoughts.
    Paul
    Paul, I play a little......very little.. Please add me to the list.
    Also, please consider the following courses:
    Bull Run (Haymarket on Rte 15 and Sully Road, VA)
    South Riding (South Riding, VA)
    Pleasant Valley (down the road from South Riding, Chantilly, VA)
    Raspberry Falls (Leesburg, VA, if you're going to Stonewall, consider this)
    Dulles driving range (practice for those who meet at Chick-Fil-A) LOL!!

Cheers!

I still have mixed feeling towards stroke play. Just ends up in frustration with me lol esp being away for a whole season.

Quote Originally Posted by Scany View Post
    I still have mixed feeling towards stroke play. Just ends up in frustration with me lol esp being away for a whole season.
    from what i remember about last year, there were wide variety of skill levels. even if i pair up those who are similarily talented, that would mean getting handicaps involved. same would happen if we did a scramble; handicaps in theory would prevent sandbagging but this is more about playing and having fun than winning.

i talked about this issue with Willy and we both agreed that stroke play would probably work out best for this group. if a few foursomes want to play a scramble, i wouldnt stand in their way. however, i would be concerned about pace of play; scrambles tend to take longer than stroke play (and I dont want to run out of daylight or hold up the golf course).

anyone else have an opinion?

Talking Navy-Marine Corps Golf Open

I am volunteering (once again) for the Second Annual Navy-Marine Corps Golf Open at Naval Air Station Patuxent River on April 24th, 2009. Proceeds go to a great cause (supporting our troops and thier families).

It would be great if we could have a great showing from our chapter and the BMW enthusiast community at large. I will be posting more info soon and starting a new thread if I made a mistake by posting on this one.

Respectfully,

Orlando
    Brooklyn Taylor - Member # 354954
    Chief Marketing Officer at NCCBMWCCA
    Garage: M3, M5, M6, 635CSi/5 & 850I/6

Quote Originally Posted by ///MARINE View Post
    I am volunteering (once again) for the Second Annual Navy-Marine Corps Golf Open at Naval Air Station Patuxent River on April 24th, 2009. Proceeds go to a great cause (supporting our troops and thier families).

It would be great if we could have a great showing from our chapter and the BMW enthusiast community at large. I will be posting more info soon and starting a new thread if I made a mistake by posting on this one.

Respectfully,

Orlando
    Orlando,

Hopefully I'm not speaking out of turn here, but if you get the information to Paul, he can get it up on our website as a non-club event.

That's cool. Or we could make it a club event in the same way we ended one of our tours at a Winery/Jazz festival a few years back in Pennsylvania. Either way, I thought it would be cool to have some of the club down on this side of Maryland for a change. I'll post it where ever you gentleman deem appropriate. I have furnished Paul with the info. Thanks.
    Brooklyn Taylor - Member # 354954
    Chief Marketing Officer at NCCBMWCCA
    Garage: M3, M5, M6, 635CSi/5 & 850I/6

Fall Golf Outing Announced!!!

Details here:

More information to follow

Quote Originally Posted by ///MARINE View Post
    That's cool. Or we could make it a club event in the same way we ended one of our tours at a Winery/Jazz festival a few years back in Pennsylvania. Either way, I thought it would be cool to have some of the club down on this side of Maryland for a change. I'll post it where ever you gentleman deem appropriate. I have furnished Paul with the info. Thanks.
    posted on the calendar

Registration opening shortly

I will open registration for our 2nd annual Spring Golf Outing this coming Friday, April 17th. Only 32 spots are available, so sign up ASAP.

More details here:

We had a great time last year and this year we've added an optional Breakfast and Drive in the morning, followed by an afternoon of golf and BMWs.
    Last edited by pseto; 04-15-2009 at 10:41 PM.

I will be opening registration for our Fall Golf outing on Tuesday, September 1st. See here for more details.

Lake Presidential is one of the newest and most scenic golf courses in the DC area. We were able to negotiate a great deal for NCC members $66 which includes golf and dinner (normal price for just golf is $95!!!!).

Here are a few reviews I found:
    http://www.golfinamigos.com/Lake_Pre...Golf_Club.aspx
    Last edited by pseto; 08-23-2009 at 10:10 PM.

Registration for the Fall golf outing is now OPEN!!!!!

First come, first serve. Only the first 32 people who are FULLY registered (includes payment) will be admitted. All previous golf outings have been sold out, so register ASAP to ensure your spot.

Thread Information