Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Changing registered vehicle

Thread: Changing registered vehicle

Changing registered vehicle

Okay folks, I have a situation here I need to know what my options are.

I pre-reg'd and registered for the July driving school using my 2003 Mini Cooper S. This car is presently being prepped as an SCCA Showroom Stock car (and will be used in BMW Club Racing). With the exception of safety equipment (roll cage, fire supression, cut off, tow points, driver seat) it is a stock car. After going back and reading some other posts, I am seeing this car can not be used because, even though it retains its stock seatbelts in addition to the 6-point, the drivers seat only (due to class rules) is a racing seat. If that is the rules and I can not run it, I am fine with that.

What I need to know, is how do I go about changing the car I am registered with? Can I? Does it really matter? I have an '07 Cooper S on order that may or may not be here in time. If it does not show up in time, I will likely be driving my 06 STi. Whatever car I bring will be tech'd and such prior to running.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

there should not be a problem using a car different from the one indicated on your registration... if it meets the requirements and is properly tech inspected.
    i suggest you email the registrar the changes when you know what they are.
    Last edited by jhm5; 06-20-2007 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jhm5 View Post
    there should not be a problem using a car different from the one indicated on your registration... if it meets the requirements and is properly tech inspected.
    i suggest you email the registrar the changes when you know what they are.
    Yes, email Doug at NCCDSRegistrar @ mac.com.

The type car is in the registration packet you get at the track.
    Instructors and school personnel need to be able to identify a car by model since the car numbers are not always visible. Instructors are looking for a particular car. Looking for the wrong car will cause delays.

The chief instructor also needs to know the car when assigning instructors.
    Don't make it harder on anyone by showing up with a different car than what is registered.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thanks. I will email Doug with the new information!

Thread Information