Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Fall Tour poll

View Poll Results: Fall Tour Options - How to spend Saturday?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Prefer more driving time (approx. 9 am-12, 1-4pm) with no site-seeing

3 12.00%
  • Prefer same driving time as prior years but no site-seeing, arr. at resort earlier (approx. 2 pm)

1 4.00%
  • Same as before, driving combined with site-seeing

21 84.00%

Thread: Fall Tour poll

Fall Tour poll

I am currently mapping out the route and exploring options for the overnight Fall Tour. This year's tour, on Nov 3-4, will take us through Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, with an overnight at Wisp Resort on Deep Creek Lake. As I plan, I was wondering what thoughts were on how to spend the day Saturday, so I created the following poll. Please respond as to which of the three options (not necessarily mutually exclusive choices, but you have to pick one), would be of the greatest interest.

Please respond even if you are not sure whether you are going to participate. Thanks!

David

Fall Tour Poll - P.S.

Feel free to add comments and thoughts in separate posts to this thread.

David

Banned
    You might want to conisder mounting your snow tires. Not unusual for it to snow out that way at that time of year.

Dave Apker and the collies

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan View Post
    You might want to conisder mounting your snow tires. Not unusual for it to snow out that way at that time of year.
    Good advice. We'll keep a close eye on the weather and get a report from the resort before leaving. That said, I'd much rather take those WVa hollow twisties in my F1-GS D3s than in WinterSport M3s!

David

If the weather is an issue

and the date still appears to be tenative, should it be moved up into October? I'm not sure if this causes conflicts with other event (both club or family/school activities) but sliding around on a tour seems most unpleasant.

Brian

Can't make the Nov. 3-4 date for the Fall Tour - conflicts with the Porsche Rennsport weekend in Daytona. (I know, I just used the P word. sorry 'bout that) Another weekend and we'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Psi5 View Post
    I am currently mapping out the route and exploring options for the overnight Fall Tour. This year's tour, on Nov 3-4, will take us through Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, with an overnight at Wisp Resort on Deep Creek Lake. As I plan, I was wondering what thoughts were on how to spend the day Saturday, so I created the following poll. Please respond as to which of the three options (not necessarily mutually exclusive choices, but you have to pick one), would be of the greatest interest.

Please respond even if you are not sure whether you are going to participate. Thanks!

David
    Why so late, why not Mid-October when you still have plenty of Indian Summer left?

Fall Tour update

Quote Originally Posted by chicane View Post
    Why so late, why not Mid-October when you still have plenty of Indian Summer left?
    Unfortunately, all of the late September and October weekends were already full with other club events. Starting Sept 30th, you have Octoberfest, Street Survival, DIY, Driver's School/Autocross, and M-Day on consecutive weekends until you get an open one on Nov 3-4. We went to Wintergreen a few years ago around the same time and it was fine. We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and an eye on the weather maps.

BTW, the dates are no longer tentative. We are good to go for that weekend. Look to the next dB and the website for further info.

David

Updated Tour Info

We have posted more info about the Fall Tour. Go to the "Calendar of Events" on the front page and click on the Fall Tour. We are finalizing the accommodation arrangements and so should have reservation info up soon. Stay tuned.

David

Thread Information