Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Dipstick? None

Thread: Dipstick? None

Dipstick? None

My wifes 2007 328Xi does not have an oil dipstick.....Oy!
    Tom
    "Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
    --Thoreau--
    2005 330 CiC

BMW hopes you will drive straight to your Authorized BMW Service Center as soon as the oil-level light appears on the dash. Lord help the driver that wants to keep his oil topped-up at a track event.
    Incidently, I understand Porsche and Mercedes have eliminated the dipsticks in their current models also.
    Woody
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

I watched a service writer top off the oil in a 6'er just the other day...the owner was perplexed that the light was on and he couldn't figure out how to check the oil level.

I was under the impression they switched to the new lifetime engine oil

-- Jason

oil system without a dipstick! it took me awhile to get used to it on my e90, but its really not much hassle to check.

Its normally done when the engine is warm and running, by just rotating the column stalk and pressing it when you see the oil icon.

Quote Originally Posted by jkuper View Post
    I was under the impression they switched to the new lifetime engine oil

Im havent heard that one yet, but heard of the lifetime (100k) sparkplugs

BMW definition of Lifetime = duration of the warranty

Quote Originally Posted by ase2dais View Post
    Its normally done when the engine is warm and running, by just rotating the column stalk and pressing it when you see the oil icon.
    What is a column stalk?
    --Thoreau--
    2005 330 CiC

Mine too

Quote Originally Posted by tgmeyer View Post
    My wifes 2007 328Xi does not have an oil dipstick.....Oy!
    Tom
    My wife has a 2007 328xi too, and she said it's the first car she's ever loved.
    My wife's is a coupe.
    What's yours?
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    =====================================
    2007 328xi Coupe in sparkling graphite
    2007 GT3
    ======================================
    1999 Civic Si: Races in SCCA showroom stock C
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

http://www.motorsportsimaging.com/SC...01_04_0067.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    My wife has a 2007 328xi too, and she said it's the first car she's ever loved.
    My wife's is a coupe.
    What's yours?
    Barry
    It is a sedan. She misses her ragtop Z4 but really likes this car. I like it a lot but is sure is a different animal than my 330 CiC.
    TomM
    --Thoreau--
    2005 330 CiC

Delivery

It is a sedan. She misses her ragtop Z4 but really likes this car. I like it a lot but is sure is a different animal than my 330 CiC.
    TomM
    We took delivery of her 328xi after winter.
    We can't wait to try out the AWD capability.
    Her car also has the Sport Package, so the handling is excellent.
    I'm sure it would be even better without run flats.
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    2007 GT3
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    We took delivery of her 328xi after winter.
    We can't wait to try out the AWD capability.
    Her car also has the Sport Package, so the handling is excellent.
    I'm sure it would be even better without run flats.
    Barry
    We took delivery at the very end of March. Premium package, and cold package, NAV, Sat Radio. very nicely appointed. Run flat radials are good for my wife since she insists on driving to work every day which entail NY Ave to Dupont Circle from Bowie, MD.
    Do you have I-drive? Hers does and I think it is neet.
    --Thoreau--
    2005 330 CiC

No I-Drive

We took delivery at the very end of March. Premium package, and cold package, NAV, Sat Radio. very nicely appointed. Run flat radials are good for my wife since she insists on driving to work every day which entail NY Ave to Dupont Circle from Bowie, MD.
    Do you have I-drive? Hers does and I think it is neet.
    We don't have the I-Drive or the Nav., but we have Sport Package, Premium Package, and Sirius. The run-flats are good for my wife as well. In the coupe version, the car is a real looker. The color she selected is "sparkling graphite" and it's very pretty.
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    2007 GT3
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

What is a column stalk?
    on my e90 the stalk is the left side steering column lever, and at the end of that same lever are control knobs and push switch. Rotate the control know when the engine is warm until you see the Oil indicator at the dash board. Once its lit, press the push sw on the same stalk and the oil level will appear. Takes about 3-5 mins for the engine to warm up! 335i will be much sooner

(sorry for the late reply)

Quote Originally Posted by ase2dais View Post
    on my e90 the stalk is the left side steering column lever, and at the end of that same lever are control knobs and push switch. Rotate the control know when the engine is warm until you see the Oil indicator at the dash board. Once its lit, press the push sw on the same stalk and the oil level will appear. Takes about 3-5 mins for the engine to warm up! 335i will be much sooner

(sorry for the late reply)
    Cool. BMW made that as clear as 2% milk.
    --Thoreau--
    2005 330 CiC

Thread Information