Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
M3 Winter Tires

Thread: M3 Winter Tires

M3 Winter Tires

Anyone got any suggestions on winter tires for a M3?

Vredestein
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

That or Semperits from www.tires.com . Avoid Blizzak style compounds, they wear way too fast. Also there is a Nokian discount for mailorder from a Michigan retailer through the end of the month I believe open to anyone here:
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=635425

Gary Lin 330ti 325i

M3 Winter Tires

I tried Tires.com and they give no choices for M3 winter tires
    Drive BMWs for fun!!!

Just because it's an M car doesn't mean it need special tires.

What year M3? What rim size?

Do you want/need tires for heavy snow/ice or just slushy cold weather?

just call gary at tirerack, he'll give you the lowdown...there's also a good winter tire thread in the Tire and Wheel forum on e46fanatics.com if you're interested

Re: M3 Winter Tires

Quote Originally Posted by DougD
    Anyone got any suggestions on winter tires for a M3?
    Our street requires an accute right hand turn and has an uphill bend to the right, which in snow has stopped our '82 Mercedes Diesel and my old 325es dead in its tracks.

That said, I equipped my 328Ci (sports & premium packages) with 4 Blizzaks, mounted on steel rims with wheel covers. They are all the same size. I have had NO PROBLEM in dry snow, wet snow, slushy snow and have had reasonable experiences on ice.

I put them on in November/December and take them off in March/April depending on weather. They have three winters on them and should be good for one more.

They do feel a little squirrelly on dry road, and tend to understeer a little, but they get me up that hill! \/

Happy driving.

Blizzaks were fine on the track and at autocross for me ... I thought they did extremely well for a winter tire in dry conditions. :grin:

I had used Hakkapeliittas on my old 325es and loved them.

M3 Winter tires

I talked to the guys at the BMW winter tire program and they recommended Continental ContiWinterContact TS790V tires. I have 18" stock wheels, so they recommended 17" wheels. You can buy from BMW these tires and BMW rims (style 68). It's the same rim all the way around (7.5”x17”) and tire (225/45/17) but the offsets are different - front, 47; and rear, 25. The special I got from BMW Arlington was $340 (rim+tire) for each corner. I haven't put them on yet - but it's going to snow on Wednesday so I guess I need to put them on soon!

I've ordered a set of Vredesteins. Unfortunately, I doubt I'll have them on the car until after the first snow. :sad:

I wasn't expecting snow this early. #-o

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

I ran Dunlop Wintersport M3s in 225/255 OEM 18" sizes from Tirerack last year and will do the same this year. They performed well in the cold and snow, up until the point where the front of the car became a snow plow

-- Jason

Quote Originally Posted by NoSoup4U
    Blizzaks were fine on the track and at autocross for me ... I thought they did extremely well for a winter tire in dry conditions. :grin:
    I did not like the Blizzaks on dry but they were great on snow.
    I am very pleased with the Vredsteins on dry.

It took me forever to brake with Blizzaks.
    The Vredsteins grip very well for a snow tire.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Hey, when is it supposed to snow?

I had the Blizzak LM-22's. I was really impressed with them in the dry, wet, slush, and ice. Ask James S. -- he was impressed with them as well :lol:

Re: Blizzaks

Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm
    There are Blizzaks and then there are Blizzaks. The WS-50s are awful in the dry, especially in higher profiles. Other Blizzaks may not be as bad in the dry.
    I believe I had the WS-50s.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information