Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
BMW Emissions Recall to Reprogram OBD on 2000-2004 M5, M3, Z8, and MCoupe

Thread: BMW Emissions Recall to Reprogram OBD on 2000-2004 M5, M3, Z8, and MCoupe

BMW Emissions Recall to Reprogram OBD on 2000-2004 M5, M3, Z8, and MCoupe

BMW has a voluntary emissions recall campaign underway for certain 6 & 8 cylinder 2000-2004 model year M coupes, M3s, Z8s, and M5s. Voluntary recall notices have been mailed to current owners on file with BMW under Campaign No. 06E-A03. (If you haven't received a notice, perhaps because you are not the original owner, you can still schedule a recall repair by contacting any authorized BMW Service Center or visit the BMW North America website at www.bmwusa.com or call BMW North America Customer Relations at 800.831.1117). According to the BMW notice, these vehicles may not be able to pass a state emission inspection "due to an OBD communication problem with certain scan tools used at the inspection stations." The OBD is the onboard emissions diagnostic device or computer. Particularly if you live in MD, or in another state with mandatory emissions testing, you can get this repaired free of charge for parts and labor at an Authorized BMW repair center (reprogramming may take up to two hours, depending on the model). The good news is that the OBD is among 3 specified major emission control components (along with the catalytic converter and electronic emissions control unit or ECU) that is covered for the first 8 years or 80,000 miles of vehicle use on 1995 and newer vehicles. And try to be nice to your friendly neighborhood BMW service rep on the "other side of the counter." He's got a job to do, but warranty repairs are probably not his or her favorite part of the work week.

BonBahn
    BonBahn

While the letter states that it takes an hour or so to do the reprogramming, when I took mine in - I was told it would be better to leave it for the day since there have been cases where the reprogramming has gone wrong for some reason and then it takes them longer to recover.

Just FYI.

OBD Recalls

Quote Originally Posted by pranu View Post
    While the letter states that it takes an hour or so to do the reprogramming, when I took mine in - I was told it would be better to leave it for the day since there have been cases where the reprogramming has gone wrong for some reason and then it takes them longer to recover.

Just FYI.
    I received a similiar recall notice for my OBD system on my '05 X3. Had a similiar talk with my service rep, they say 2 hours, BUT, it may take up to 4+ hours. In my case, the X3, was, in fact, done in less than two hours.
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

Also received a recall notice

for my 2005 325Ci. Tischer stated that the reprogramming shouldn't take that long but wanted the car for the day just in case. After dropping it off at 730AM I received a call at work before lunch stating that it was ready for pickup.

Brian

Any issues for this with Dinan Software?

JEFF
    2000 M5 Titanium Silver
    MD BMWCCA Plate# BMW0543

I’m not the original owner that’s why I shouldn’t expect for that. But, I’m interested on having them. I just got new BMW Catalytic Converter for my baby because the one which was replaced was too old, the emission is getting darker and it’s annoying.

Thread Information