Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
2007 Jefferson 500 @ Summit Point Cancelled

Thread: 2007 Jefferson 500 @ Summit Point Cancelled

2007 Jefferson 500 @ Summit Point Cancelled

James Redman sent out a message today notifying the Washington D.C. region of the SCCA that the event has been cancelled due to a lack of entrants. The DC Region has provided the workers for this event for many years.

No other information was provided.

Thanks for the heads up.
    Times are a changing.

I've canceled our tent rental and catering.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

The whole event is cancelled?!

Quote Originally Posted by maruscmn View Post
    The whole event is cancelled?!
    Yes. This was posted on another message board.
    May 8th 2007

Unfortunately we have had to cancel the Jefferson 500 for 2007. For several reasons we have not had sufficient entries to have the meeting be financially viable. Thank you every one for your support these past 16 years.

Best wishes
    and all of us with the Jefferson wish you a safe and successful 2007 season.

--
    James Redman
    Race Director
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

It's a sad, sad, day.

Banned
    Anyone know of any competing vintage races in the East or Midwest around the time of the Jefferson that caused entries to drop?

Shame NCC couldnt use the open date for a drivers school on short notice. BSR might give NCC a break on the rent.

Dave Apker

This article was published on May 4.
    http://www.whowon.com/Results.asp?Tr...StoryID=218837

Weird.

Mike

It's the same weekend as the Import/Repli-car Show in Carlisle??? I doubt that has too much to do with the Jeff 500 though.

May-June are very busy months for motorsports, but it is a shame to lose this historic and fun event.

I was taking my father to the races for his birthday. Since that is out of the question, is there any other shows/gatherings I can take him too in our area? I did find the charity cruise-in on the 20th at the Burger King in Centerville.

Mike

Banned
    Check out Old Dominion Speedway. NASCAR racing should be on for Saturday night. 1/8 mile dargs on Sunday??? and if they still have it VW show on Monday. Now this is real NASCAR racing. Not pretty boy racing where you cant tell one driver from another is that Kasey Kahne, no I think it was Matt Keneseth or was it Keven Harwick. I think it was Jimmy Johnson. And they are drive cars of yesterdya!

Dave Apker
    Last edited by OwnedbyDuncan; 05-10-2007 at 08:02 AM.

Thanks for the ideas Dave!

Vintage Ferrari and F430s are at VIR this weekend aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by maruscmn View Post
    I was taking my father to the races for his birthday. Since that is out of the question, is there any other shows/gatherings I can take him too in our area? I did find the charity cruise-in on the 20th at the Burger King in Centerville.

Mike
    Yes, if you want to get away for the weekend, the Ferrari Challenge series for 430s and Ferrari Historic Challenge for all sorts of vintage Ferraris and Masteratis is at VIR in Danville this weekend!
    Woody
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Thread Information