Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Hyperfest
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hyperfest

Hyperfest

Is anyone going?

https://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_e.../?event_id=569

They are offering quicky driving schools with about 25min of on track time, Jefferson Circuit.

I did 1 $40 session. Maybe we can start a caravan out there.

Looks like a good time.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by gspot35 View Post
    Is anyone going?

https://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_e.../?event_id=569

They are offering quicky driving schools with about 25min of on track time, Jefferson Circuit.

I did 1 $40 session. Maybe we can start a caravan out there.

Looks like a good time.
    I'll be there allday! I say I'm going just to watch, but I'll probably get stuck in the Main paddock helping someone.

The school on the Jefferson is usually PACKED and the drivers who typically do the Jefferson during HyperFest are track virgins. I wanted to do the drifting school (flamesuit on), but it seems they aren't doing the drifting school this year.

I will be attending on of the HPDE schools on the main track. These are similiar to the BMWCCA schools I am told. This is my first NASA event. Unfortunately the course filled over a month ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OaktreeM5reduced.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	260  

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    The school on the Jefferson is usually PACKED and the drivers who typically do the Jefferson during HyperFest are track virgins. I wanted to do the drifting school (flamesuit on), but it seems they aren't doing the drifting school this year.
    No drifting? But you've been practicing all year.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Sullivan View Post
    I will be attending on of the HPDE schools on the main track. These are similiar to the BMWCCA schools I am told. This is my first NASA event. Unfortunately the course filled over a month ago.
    If by 40 cars in a run group as opposed to 20 and students being signed off because instructors are overloaded, yes, just like a BMW school. Good luck.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

I've had a good time with NASA at Summit, VIR, and CMP. Instructors are competent. With the racers being there at the same time, I find the paddock is a lot funner. Works both ways.

Dan Unkefer is by far the most interesting classroom instructor I've listened to.
    Scott Lowrey

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    I've had a good time with NASA at Summit, VIR, and CMP. Instructors are competent. With the racers being there at the same time, I find the paddock is a lot funner. Works both ways.

Dan Unkefer is by far the most interesting classroom instructor I've listened to.
    Perhaps at most NASA events but last year at Hyperfest I thought the run groups were huge. Dan is interesting to say the least.

Some people may like NASA events better than CCA events, that's fine.
    I don't doubt the ability of their instructors. I'm sure it's hit or miss just like a BMW school. They are only similar in that it is a driving school. NASA is a for profit company, BMW schools are generally not. NCC schools do not look to turn a profit.

I think DEs combined with racing events make it more difficult for insurance companies to determine coverage. But that is a topic for another thread.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

i'll be there working corner station/flagging all weekend.

getting my worker credits so I can do a free HPDE weekend cus i'm POOR like that.
    -John
    1995 Hellrot M3........needs more mods

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    If by 40 cars in a run group as opposed to 20 and students being signed off because instructors are overloaded, yes, just like a BMW school. Good luck.
    I will say that the BMWCCA schools have been the best as far as instruction. I have attended several events run by for profit companies. There are not enough BMWCCA schools and signup can be a hold your breath and pray you get in experience.

The for profit groups give you an immediate go or no go response
    and in order to get enough track time a combination of the two has worked well for me. I like to attend at least one two day event per month and usually attend two per month. I have been afflicted with this illness damn you all for spreading it.

I have been told that nothing makes up for seat time.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Sullivan View Post

I have been told that nothing makes up for seat time.

..but I'm not sure that running with 30+ total novices at a hyperfest school really does much in terms of seat time unless the on track equivalent of rush hour on the beltway is appealing.

A good list of events can be found here http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=670873 (I echo your thoughts about the sit and wait aspect of the BMW CCA signups, but what can one do... :shrug: )

In my experience, NASA HPDE 1 is no worse (or better) than running in a full D group CCA event. There are plenty of slow drivers and both have their share of instructors that don't always "mind the mirrors" on behalf of the rookies.

Having said that, NASA will grab the cash when they can. It seems like they put too many cars on track at the popular venues (e.g., Hyperfest and VIR). Getting into the higher run groups helps.

Wish I hadn't missed the signup window. Man, that one filled up fast.
    Scott Lowrey

I've driven several events with both NASA and BMWCCA. HPDE 1 may be a little crowded but HPDE 2 and above I've found no difference from BMWCCA. In fact, I've had a few runs with BMWCCA were I wished there were more cars on the track. I don't like feeling like I'm the only one on the track (which has happend a couple of times).

The main problem with NASA is lack of track time (3-25 minute runs per day) and no skid pad. But the trade off is sharing the paddock with racers who don't mind answering my dumb questions. Very informative for someone who is planning on going wheel to wheel. (I'm now one comp. school down and one to go)

I'll be there running HPDE3 in an ITA MR2

Quote Originally Posted by orijinal_poser View Post
    i'll be there working corner station/flagging all weekend.

getting my worker credits so I can do a free HPDE weekend cus i'm POOR like that.
    Please black flag Galossi and Pascarella during the Thunder race, thanks.

Ill be there racing. Stop by and say hi!

Wonger
    #199 Salazar Blue/White IP/GTS3 M3
    http://www.brakeswap.com
    http://www.roadracetech.com

Quote Originally Posted by magnetic1 View Post
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by magnetic1 View Post

Ill be there racing. Stop by and say hi!

hahahhahah.

only for you, wonger
    -John
    1995 Hellrot M3........needs more mods

Thread Information