Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Virginia BMWCCA License Plate? - Page 9
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Virginia BMWCCA License Plate?

BMW Plate Update:

Numbers, they look good for a first start, keep them coming in. Some people do leave for some reason, the more numbers the better for the first wave.

I'm holding back the green light to send in checks/paperwork until I hear back from my state legislator on next steps. I've contacted and awaiting reply.

Thanks to all for the and msgs, helps remind the state reps need the same

One last msg, I just created a Facebook page to help spread the word. Feel free to join the group and forward to any interested parties! Thanks again for your help.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=17118660389

Quick update, I heard back from my state rep's assistant yesterday! She promised to call me back with more information in the next couple days.

Which is great, I won't go into how much fun calling my state rep has been...

For anyone wondering, we need a state rep to put our new license plate up for vote by the Virginia state assembly to become law.

For anyone who was wondering why this has taken so long or what is happening. The Virginia state assembly needs to vote on this plate coming into existence. Just that minor detail, haha

Once I get a delegate on board and we're both on the same page. I'll start collecting everyone's paperwork.

I'll keep everyone posted...

Over a year has passed since the last post on this topic. Someone should jack this one up and light a fire under it. Heaven knows we must have enough VA members to sell plates. Have you looked at the vanity plate info on VA DMV re who has them? Honestly have you? Adopting greyhounds? Riding Harley Davidson Motorcycles?? Fox Hunting??? AFL-CIO???? Ducks Unlimited????? Well if you have checked out the DMV site, you'll understand this pronouncement: if they can, we can.

Sorry dudes...contrary to my "over a year" comment I now see - damn, I hate these Forum websites; don't know how they work; never will - more recent posts. But the basic point remains: there are some really weird vanity plates out there, and we - we who are NOT weird people - don't have one.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dunlap View Post
    Over a year has passed since the last post on this topic. Someone should jack this one up and light a fire under it. Heaven knows we must have enough VA members to sell plates. Have you looked at the vanity plate info on VA DMV re who has them? Honestly have you? Adopting greyhounds? Riding Harley Davidson Motorcycles?? Fox Hunting??? AFL-CIO???? Ducks Unlimited????? Well if you have checked out the DMV site, you'll understand this pronouncement: if they can, we can.

Easy on the Starbucks there buddy , everything is well in hand...

Can't do Starbucks by the shot. For the price of every cup I think: geez...that's 1/3 gallon of hi test and at least 6 miles on the clock at slow speeds. So I buy it by the bag and brew it in the office on my 4 cupper machine.

But that said, "well in hand" sounds good. In the meantime my '07 335i Monaco Blue Coupe is carrying Surfrider Foundation vanity plates. Que pena.

UPDATE --- 07/10/08

As discussed at the 07/09/08 NCCBMWCCA Board Meeting, the Virginia license plate project will no longer be a focus of our chapter's resources. This decision was based upon two major issues:

1.) Lack of interest. (It hasn't been shown that 350 people are willing to commit the funds necessary to make this happen.)
    2.) Time in processing. (The best estimation of time from when money is started to be collected to actual receipt of the plates is estimated to be no less than 18-24 months.)

We are willing to answer any questions pertaining to this decision. Thanks for you understanding.

Jonathan Thayer

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    UPDATE --- 07/10/08

As discussed at the 07/09/08 NCCBMWCCA Board Meeting, the Virginia license plate project will no longer be a focus of our chapter's resources. This decision was based upon two major issues:

1.) Lack of interest. (It hasn't been shown that 350 people are willing to commit the funds necessary to make this happen.)
    2.) Time in processing. (The best estimation of time from when money is started to be collected to actual receipt of the plates is estimated to be no less than 18-24 months.)

We are willing to answer any questions pertaining to this decision. Thanks for you understanding.

Jonathan Thayer
    I thought we had the 350 requisite users sign up? All that time and effort just to give up? Even if it is on a longer span of time to get the plates i don't think we should just throw in the towel. Just my $.02.

18 months from now I'll be living in California, so it's no skin off my nose. But I am intrigued by the fact that the DC Surfrider chapter...basically a quorum of young folks homesick for California or some other coastal locale, many of whom ride bicycles...have VA vanity plates available to them. I happen to have one on my 335i, for Pete's sake...witness the enclosed. So...hmmm. It's true that our SF chapter has been around "forever" and has "connections." But...hmmm. I'm going to ask around.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VASF2.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	455  

even if we had 350 people, don't they ALL have to pay before the tags are even made? if thats the case, maybe someone can volunteer to handle this tedious process?

i'm very sure that there's enough interest out there, but people need to put their money up first. or, they can move to MD
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    even if we had 350 people, don't they ALL have to pay before the tags are even made? if thats the case, maybe someone can volunteer to handle this tedious process?

i'm very sure that there's enough interest out there, but people need to put their money up first. or, they can move to MD
    Paul, at last check, there were less than 250 people who showed just a non-monetary commitment.

according to my count, we have well over 400 people interested in the plate. when i first recieved the interested party list back in december it had around 350 interested and is now above 400.

the last hurdle i've run into is down in richmond, my local legislator is not interested in sponsoring this plate on the upcoming winter balot. i'm upto numerous calls not returned with my legislator and he definitely does not have my vote in the next election.

my guess is to move forward is we'll need a legislator outside of northern virginia to sponsor our plate. i've talked to representation in arlington and vienna. below is the link to find your legislator, house or senate, doesn't matter. get in contact and tell them we met all the other requirements for a new plate, now we need a legislator to sponser in richmond.

i can still volunteer to help collect the paper work and maintain the list is still open.

any thoughts, suggestions, or to just let go, let me know....

Click here to find out who your legislator is http://legis.state.va.us/ click on Who's My Legislator.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnstpr View Post
    according to my count, we have well over 400 people interested in the plate. when i first recieved the interested party list back in december it had around 350 interested and is now above 400.

the last hurdle i've run into is down in richmond, my local legislator is not interested in sponsoring this plate on the upcoming winter balot. i'm upto numerous calls not returned with my legislator and he definitely does not have my vote in the next election.

my guess is to move forward is we'll need a legislator outside of northern virginia to sponsor our plate. i've talked to representation in arlington and vienna. below is the link to find your legislator, house or senate, doesn't matter. get in contact and tell them we met all the other requirements for a new plate, now we need a legislator to sponser in richmond.

i can still volunteer to help collect the paper work and maintain the list is still open.

any thoughts, suggestions, or to just let go, let me know....

Click here to find out who your legislator is http://legis.state.va.us/ click on Who's My Legislator.
    Just FYI ... Legislator sponsorship is one of the last steps in the process. Money with all applications needs to be collected and turned in to the DMV first.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Just FYI ... Legislator sponsorship is one of the last steps in the process. Money with all applications needs to be collected and turned in to the DMV first.
    Carolyn E., my POC with the DMV informed me of the reverse scenario as did my local legislative representatives in Vienna/Arlington...

1. Have your local representative commit to sponsor the bill to be sponsored/voted on as state legislation.

2. Collect the needed paperwork within 30 days to be turned into the DMV after the representation has signed on.

If you've heard different from Carolyn or have experience with this, please feel free to get in contact with me.

Thread Information