Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Virginia BMWCCA License Plate? - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Virginia BMWCCA License Plate?

According to the form,
    Most special interest plates require 350 prepaid applications before they can be issued.

You can continue to use this thread for ideas.
    I wouldn't use the term stuck, but logos do have to conform to US law.
    Read through the form listed on post 2.
    There is a link for design guidelines and a contact.
    I think any chapter would be happy to accept the efforts of a volunteer.
    Once there are some design ideas you can ask for their input.
    Another thing to consider, will these be restricted to current BMW CCA members.
    If so then each chapter will need a member who checks membership.
    If not, once approved anyone can order the plate from DMV.
    At least that is how I understand it. I could be wrong.

And it looks like people would need to fill out the attached form.

You can also see plates in development here.

Any further off topic posts will be deleted.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 04-23-2007 at 07:32 AM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    According to the form,
    Most special interest plates require 350 prepaid applications before they can be issued.

You can continue to use this thread for ideas.
    I wouldn't use the term stuck, but logos do have to conform to US law.
    Read through the form listed on post 2.
    There is a link for design guidelines and a contact.
    I think any chapter would be happy to accept the efforts of a volunteer.
    Once there are some design ideas you can ask for their input.

You can also see plates in development here.
    Ok, this may sound dumb but, how do you apply for a specialty plate that doesn't exist yet? Are you saying that someone on our side collects at least 350 of these VSA forms (plus associated fees), then we fill out the specialty plate forms, vote on a logo, send in the specialty plate application form along with the 350+ apps and fees and we have ourselves a plate?

Hey guys. I spoke with Steve briefly yesterday at the Chapter Congress about the plates. I'll keep an eye on this thread, post info on the Blue Ridge Chapter site and send out chapter e-mails as progress is made.

Thanks for looking into it NCCers! And thanks for the post on our forum, chicane.

brad.
    '74 verona BMW 2002 - '74 turkis BMW 2002ti(-i) project - '06 astro black MINI Cooper
    Secretary and Webmeister, Blue Ridge Chapter BMW CCA

Quote Originally Posted by brad_c-ville_VA View Post
    Hey guys. I spoke with Steve briefly yesterday at the Chapter Congress about the plates. I'll keep an eye on this thread, post info on the Blue Ridge Chapter site and send out chapter e-mails as progress is made.

Thanks for looking into it NCCers! And thanks for the post on our forum, chicane.

brad.
    Thanks, and please do. I think this is something all of the VA-Based chapters can get behind.

Do we have the design files from the last time there was an effort? Photoshop files or any other such items, that we could perhaps use to jump start a design?

Quote Originally Posted by chicane View Post
    Ok, this may sound dumb but, how do you apply for a specialty plate that doesn't exist yet? Are you saying that someone on our side collects at least 350 of these VSA forms (plus associated fees), then we fill out the specialty plate forms, vote on a logo, send in the specialty plate application form along with the 350+ apps and fees and we have ourselves a plate?
    *I think* come up with a design then have people fill out the form.
    Collect at least 350 checks for $10 or $20 if someone wants a personalized tag. I will assume you can transfer your current personalized tag for an organizational one so REAL M3 will be taken.

Then apply for approval.
    Speak or email VA DMV.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

According to the form,
    As chicane asked - are we supposed to manage the first 350 applications?

And would the CCA object to them being publicly available? After all it would be
    a. publicity for the CCA
    b. promote BMW awareness

Quote Originally Posted by pranu View Post
    As chicane asked - are we supposed to manage the first 350 applications?
    Yes. I would keep a spreadsheet or database of names and email addresses requesting a plate. Also keep them in number order in case people have special requests.
    And would the CCA object to them being publicly available? After all it would be
    a. publicity for the CCA
    b. promote BMW awareness

This is strictly a chapter issue. I'll wait for others to chime in.

I suggest you and Troy (chicane) work some of this out together.
    If you get 50 people involved with the design you will be requesting antique plates by the time it's decided.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I suggest you and Troy (chicane) work some of this out together.
    If you get 50 people involved with the design you will be requesting antique plates by the time it's decided.

Oh I didnt mean getting 50 people involved in the design - I was just asking if the CCA did not mind the plates being available to the public at large when they do go into production.

Or would the CCA want to keep the list of people who have the plates under their control.

(which are the two options I inferred from your post earlier.)

a. publicity for the CCA
    b. promote BMW awareness

That's actually a good question, do we need CCA's permission to use the logo?

Oh I didnt mean getting 50 people involved in the design - I was just asking if the CCA did not mind the plates being available to the public at large when they do go into production.

Or would the CCA want to keep the list of people who have the plates under their control.

(which are the two options I inferred from your post earlier.)
    Trust me. The CCA has no interest in being involved other than making sure there are no copyright enfringments.

Whether they need to go to BMW CCA members only, I will defer that to the our board. Roy? David?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

That's actually a good question, do we need CCA's permission to use the logo?
    We have permission to use the BMW CCA logo. Just not the BMW roundel.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

If we can get:
    25 sign-ups from BlueRidge
    25 sign-ups from Tarheel
    100 from Tidewater
    200 from NCC

We will have the pre-requisite number of folks. I can and will do anything and everything except handle the checks (I would lose my head if it weren't attached to my neck).

I am meeting up with some of the Blue Ridge folks for the annual wine tour so I can bring it up with them again then. I can also re-connect with the Tidewater people and see if I can garner interest there.

It seems we just need the logo in electronic format unless someone has other ideas. Personally, I say keep it simple. If we start opening it up to custom designed logos or art work it has the potential to go on forever.

Also, it looks like we have to have this stuff in by June 1st if we want to do something this year, and we may have to get a letter for permission to use the CCA logo (on top of the 350 apps).
    Last edited by chicane; 04-23-2007 at 01:25 PM.

I'll get a high-rez copy of the logo.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

It seems we just need the logo in electronic format unless someone has other ideas. Personally, I say keep it simple. If we start opening it up to custom designed logos or art work it has the potential to go on forever.

That sounds good - Keeping it simple that is.

Perhaps the first logo on the left side and space for the alpha numerics on the right - much like most other plates.

chicane - I dont really know people in our chapter or others - so unfortunately would not be able to help rally people - let me know if there is any other way I can assist (although handling checks would probably be the last thing I would want to too!)

Thread Information