Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Virginia BMWCCA License Plate?
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Virginia BMWCCA License Plate?

Exclamation Virginia BMWCCA License Plate?

Is anyone lobbying for a BMWCCA license plate for Virginia? I know Maryland has one and I didn't know if our club or someone else has been actively pursuing this. Anyone?

It has been tried in the past, and never made it all the way through. There is a process to do it, but you need to get 350 people committed and paid ahead of time. See http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/p...or_special.pdf for the process.

Kevin

This is somewhat different when we tried this several years ago.
    Back then all we needed were signatures, not even commitments.
    But then it had to be presented to the VA House.

Now it looks simpler. We just need people to commit.
    Perhaps Tidewater, Blue Ridge and Tarheel chapters would also be interested. I'll be seeing members of those chapters this weekend and will ask.

But it will still come down to someone administrating it.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

This just reminded me to get my Maryland tag

Colleagues:
    This is a worthy project, absolutely within the capabilities of anyone who is reading this message. I also would like to have CCA logoed plates. We have 5,500 members, most of whom live in Virginia. The only thing this initiative lacks is a volunteer with the drive to administer this. Would the gentleman who originated this thread be willing to volunteer? I will sign up for 3 sets of Virginia plates.
    -Roy Morris
    President

I don't want to discourage people from coming up with ideas.
    Anyone can do this.

I think we just past 500 plates in Maryland this year and it's been going on for several years.

I realize few people in the Commonwealth know what exists north of the Potomac.

2517 live in VA
    2632 live in MD
    0349 live in DC
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I stand corrected as to where the majority of our members live. Thanks for those statistics. Very interesting. But you would think that we could get 350 plate purchasers out of 2500 if Maryland can get 500 out of 2600. If we get the current Concours chair to outfit all his cars with Va. logo plates, we'll be well on our way to 350 cars.
    --Roy

Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    If we get the current Concours chair to outfit all his cars with Va. logo plates, we'll be well on our way to 350 cars.
    And with our past concours chair plus your 3, we'd come real close.
    But it has taken several years in Maryland to get those 500.

I wonder if South Carolina has organizational tags.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    I wonder if South Carolina has organizational tags.
    This is a good reason why you SHOULDN'T leave MD

After helping my wife incorporate her business, I'm no longer being crushed by federal and state paperwork. I sort of miss it. I'd be glad to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    This is somewhat different when we tried this several years ago.
    Back then all we needed were signatures, not even commitments.
    But then it had to be presented to the VA House.

Now it looks simpler. We just need people to commit.
    Perhaps Tidewater, Blue Ridge and Tarheel chapters would also be interested. I'll be seeing members of those chapters this weekend and will ask.

But it will still come down to someone administrating it.
    Please do, because I would love to get several. Any help you need from me let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    Colleagues:
    This is a worthy project, absolutely within the capabilities of anyone who is reading this message. I also would like to have CCA logoed plates. We have 5,500 members, most of whom live in Virginia. The only thing this initiative lacks is a volunteer with the drive to administer this. Would the gentleman who originated this thread be willing to volunteer? I will sign up for 3 sets of Virginia plates.
    -Roy Morris
    President
    Yup, I will. Also can we get the other VA chapters involved? This would go a long way towards getting something accomplished, I believe.
    Last edited by chicane; 04-19-2007 at 07:57 AM.

On Monday I will get back with everyone to see if other VIRginia chapters are interested.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I did jump in with my 1 car

Although I'd be curious to see how the designing process works. Very honestly I am not that big a fan of the Maryland design. I know its easier to be a critic than actually do the work - but just wondering if there are rules and regulations from
    a. the DMV
    b. BMW NA
    c. BMW CCA
    that help define what we could have?

There are two possible designs that I can think of.
    Although it's a bit too early for consideration.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information