Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2083

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2083

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Virginia BMWCCA License Plate? - Page 7
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Virginia BMWCCA License Plate?

VA Tops Nation In Vanity Tags

Let's hope this BMWCCA license plate initiative goes through so we can push Virginia's numbers even higher

URSOVAIN: Va. Tops Nation in Vanity Tags (AP, 111507)
    HTML Code:
    http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jYtawjcu7PDu4DWIIQEfYQ7tBBYgD8SS5IH80
    A state-by-state survey of the popularity of vanity license plates has found that car and truck owners in Virginia are the vainest of them all.Not far behind are New Hampshire, Illinois, Nevada and Montana.
    Out of the 9.3 million personalized plates on the roads of America, about one in 10 are in Virginia, according to rankings provided to The Associated Press by the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators.

Thumbs up Update and the next step

I've received the list of interested VA plate parties from Troy (chicane) and Steven. The next step is to start collecting the 350 checks made out to NCC BMW CCA with a filled out vsa 10 form to send off to Richmond. Each collected check will be made payable to NCC BMW CCA and then the chapter will cut one check to the DMV.

I will start emailing interested parties soon and post status updates to this thread.

Fantastic

I'm glad I won't have to dock the fleet across the river just to get decent plates. Thanks to all for organizing this.

Greg

How much?

How much do we write the check for? Which block do we check off? 'Special Interest' and then write in BMWCCA? 'Other' and write in BMWCCA?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnstpr View Post
    I've received the list of interested VA plate parties from Troy (chicane) and Steven. The next step is to start collecting the 350 checks made out to NCC BMW CCA with a filled out vsa 10 form to send off to Richmond. Each collected check will be made payable to NCC BMW CCA and then the chapter will cut one check to the DMV.

I will start emailing interested parties soon and post status updates to this thread.
    Just signed up this afternoon - had another set of personal tags on my old bmw, want to change them to these for the new one. Not too late?

If they are regular specialty plates the fee is $10, if they are personalized then the fee is $20. It should have the fee schedule on either the form or the DMV website.

My plan is to send out a preliminary email this week to be sure the list I have is upto date with over 350 interested registered vehicles and to be sure everyone on it is ready to send me a check with in the next 30 days. Expect an email from bmw[at]funfaxauctions.com and if need be, place this email address in your address book if your provider could filter to spam. If you are interested, no response is needed. If you are no longer interested, please respond with a 'not interested'. I will post again to this message thread when the email has gone out.

The check will be for $10 for one registered vehicle or $20 if you are requesting a personalized plate or transferring a current vanity plate. Motorcycles do not count towards the needed 350 for this plate.

As for the VSA10 forms, the other field with BMW CCA will suffice. The first 350+ forms will be sent in at the sametime for the same plate.

Any other questions, please let me know and thanks again.

Update:

I sent out my email today to gauge interest. I've copied my email below and I'll keep everyone posted on status.

Hello,

I am writing to you because you have expressed interested in being one of the first 350 applicants for the Virginia BWM CCA license plate. I wanted to be sure everyone on this list was still interested in this plate, have a registered Virginia vehicle, and would be able to send me a check with the proper vehicle registration information. The needed paper work to be sent in is found at this link -> VSA-10 .

If you are interested and are willing to follow up with the needed paper work to submit an application for the BWM CCA license plate, no response is needed.

If you are no longer interested in a Virginia BWM CCA license plate, please respond to this email with a not interested.

I will be the point of contact for any questions going forward. Please feel free to call or email with any questions.

The plan is to wait a week to give everyone a chance to respond to this message. If we are above the 350 Virginia vehicle registrations, I will then send out another email to request a check and filled out VSA-10 form to send to Richmond. The cost is $10 for regular specialty plates, if you have personalized plates then the fee is $20.

Thanks again for your attention and support in this matter.

Sincerely,
    mtnstpr

Fantastic!

Quick question - are we still going with the design I had drafted sometime back? I believe the image is available here - http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showpost....4&postcount=64. Or has the design evolved since then?

Just wondering how many character limit we might have for personalized plates.

Correct, that is the current design of the plate to be submitted. Nice work on the plate design!

Quote Originally Posted by pranu View Post
    Fantastic!

Quick question - are we still going with the design I had drafted sometime back? I believe the image is available here - http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showpost....4&postcount=64. Or has the design evolved since then?

Just wondering how many character limit we might have for personalized plates.

hmmm - now to try and figure out what I can do with 6 characters!

Too bad my current plate is 7.5

FYI...I received the email and according to the instructions am not responding because I still want one. The email was in my SPAM folder so I'm glad I caught it.
    Last edited by L N Love; 11-30-2007 at 11:04 AM.

Hey mtnstpr and chicane - do you guys have any soft copies of stuff that you might have sent to other chapters to advertise?

I was just speaking Scott and Chris Coulter of Curry's this morning - and they would be more than happy to advertize about this at their locations and tell people about it.

Just wondering if you have something or if I should just put together something from scratch.

Mtnstpr,
    I either have not received your email or I've already cleared my SPAM box w/o knowing you were going to send out an E-mail. Should I re-register again? My email address is docchaez AT yahoo DOT com

docchaez I re-sent the message to your email on file. The yahoo email is the one I have on file, no need to re-register.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by docchaez View Post
    Mtnstpr,
    I either have not received your email or I've already cleared my SPAM box w/o knowing you were going to send out an E-mail. Should I re-register again? My email address is docchaez AT yahoo DOT com

Thread Information