Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
4/28/2007 Autocross Registration - Open - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: 4/28/2007 Autocross Registration - Open

Question potentially stupid question?

Um. At the unmitigated risk of sounding like a total novice - - oh, wait, I am a total novice, and a slow one at that...

What is the "Diff." column on the results sheet? And what exactly is PAX? I mean, I understand that it is a handicapping system, but how does it work? Is there a good link that I can go to in order to read about it?

Thanks for a great event!
    Lia

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Bren, do you want us to switch you?

Also, does anyone know if Dan Dazzo ran tires?

Interesting the 335i performance in Showroom A. I agree with Kevin that we need more data. The fear was that they where too far away from the older 3's (in terms of speed) but not close enough to the M's. Looks like OK so far. When we classed them, it was the lesser of 2 evils in the sense that they where faster than the normal non M cars but perhaps not as fast as the M's. Given that fear, where would they be closest to?

We'll have to see,

Pete
    I guess I owe you some beer on that score. My impression of the 335, after running this weekend, is that the suspension setup is surprisingly good, the car handles quite well for a 3600 lb pig, but that the lack of a limited slip diff is just as serious a weakness as everyone expected it to be.

I still believe that, similarly set-up, an E46 M3 is going to have a pretty serious edge over an E92/E90 335, but I agree that we need some more data.

EDIT:

Let me add my thanks for getting the results up so early.

Quote Originally Posted by Lia View Post
    Um. At the unmitigated risk of sounding like a total novice - - oh, wait, I am a total novice, and a slow one at that...

What is the "Diff." column on the results sheet? And what exactly is PAX? I mean, I understand that it is a handicapping system, but how does it work? Is there a good link that I can go to in order to read about it?

It's okay...

The "Diff." is the amount of time "difference" you were behind the competitor just ahead of you. If you won your class, then you would have none. Your "diff." was 0.605 which means you were 0.605 seconds behind the competitor in front of you.

I believe the PAX index needs a little altering, but the basic idea is to balance the times of all the cars competing to see which driver was fastest. My Prepared Touring 318i cannot be as fast as an Unlimited M3, so the PAX index is supposed to balance the times. I hope that makes it more understandable?

Quote Originally Posted by Lia View Post

http://www.tirerack.com/features/sol....htm#Anchorpax

This references SCCA pax, but it'll give you the concept. Our issue is that we're trying to determine pax numbers off of a much much smaller dataset than the SCCA has....

Diff is the amount of time behind the next spot ahead of you.

Alex
    Interrobanged.

TeamWTF?!

Results have been updated. PAX for Showroom A was updated, and a couple misclassings were taken care of.

I'd like to add my thanks for getting the results up so quickly. Very impressive.

I also thought that the course was excellent and really fun to drive. The visuals were a little weird until you walked the course or viewed it from various points around the perimeter, and then it made perfect sense.

It was my maiden voyage in the M Coupe, and I was surprised at the extent of the understeer. But I got some useful mechanical tips from my fellow PSS M Coupers, and I'll be in better shape next time.

Cheers,

Jim
    2004 Covette ZO6
    2008 Mustang Bullitt

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarris View Post
    I'd like to add my thanks for getting the results up so quickly. Very impressive.
    A well oiled machine.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    A well oiled machine.
    that bypassed last year's slow gear

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarris View Post

It was my maiden voyage in the M Coupe,

Jim

WHAT!!!!

I thought you were co-driving Woody's. Did you buy on Jim?

I don't see you registered for the Cumberland event, it would be cool to have another coupe out there this weekend (may 5th, and 6th)

Cool Jim!

Jason Becker

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by RED//MSHOE View Post
    WHAT!!!!

I thought you were co-driving Woody's. Did you buy on Jim?

I don't see you registered for the Cumberland event, it would be cool to have another coupe out there this weekend (may 5th, and 6th)

Cool Jim!

Jason Becker
    Jason, I will be at Cumberland, only with my ZO6.

I bought a 1999 Cosmos Black Coupe that used to be owned by Randy Cummins. 25,600 miles. I thought it would handle with some sticky tires but am now convinced it needs a suspension pronto. When I get this done I'll drive it at the Cumberland events and maybe some others. You'll have M Coupe company soon enough.

See You,

Jim
    2004 Covette ZO6
    2008 Mustang Bullitt

Thread Information