Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Good place to mount tires - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Good place to mount tires

Quote Originally Posted by thewebgal View Post
    yeah, but their business is knowing good performing tires that sell under typical market prices. They are can guys and they know A LOT about tires.

If all you want is tires mounted, there is no "product" for them to make any money on - its just a labor thing. There is nothing there to discount on ...

Heck, you can get that done anywhere!
    Just go to your local gas station ...
    the local gas station probably wont have the equipment to mount low-profile tires and I doubt that they do it often enough. i've used Radial Tire enough to know that they will handle my rims with care and wont scratch them either.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Have been happily using Radial Tire for over 35 years.

In addition to the other positive comments, if you request, Radial will mount any required weights on the back side of the wheel, to preserve the attractiveness of the front wheel design.

Cheers,
    DCB

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 87325is View Post
    woodside deli is only .5 miles away....
    Sorry got my SS deli's confused.

~$12 if you buy the tires there....but if you bought 4 of the tires there Paul would probably work with you on the other labor.

The coolest thing about Radial Tire, or Paul at least, is that he'll tell you what's best for you (like it or not), not the profit.

Scany, did you know Paul was a Koni Challenge BMW driver?
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    ~$12 if you buy the tires there....but if you bought 4 of the tires there Paul would probably work with you on the other labor.

The coolest thing about Radial Tire, or Paul at least, is that he'll tell you what's best for you (like it or not), not the profit.

Scany, did you know Paul was a Koni Challenge BMW driver?
    I didn't know that. That's cool.

It really sounds like it's place to go for professional advice on tires and quality mounting. I had to wrong impression about the place I guess. Sounds like it's more a quality high end place for tires. I just wanted our Sumis onto our beat up rims and was looking for a good price. My budgets for cars are tight in these wedding days

Banned
    And its the only place I know of that can balance the tires on the car.

And it isnt high end since I get ires and wheels for my Element there.

The Goodyear Wranlgers that were OEM were POS. Paul even commented that the Michelin Latitude Ice's handled better in the dry than the Badyear's.

Paul and Sam recommended Toyo Open Country H/T's over the Michelin LTX M/S at a savings of $50 a tire. Couldnt be more pleased with the Toyo's and Paul said I could try them and bring them back. Love the tires
    in the dry, wet and on crummy farm roads and fields.

What is really cool is when you get invited into the back warehouse to hunt for wheels etc.

And that little store is one if not the largest Toyo and Yokohama dealers in the country.

Dave Apker and the collies

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    the local gas station probably wont have the equipment to mount low-profile tires and I doubt that they do it often enough.
    my local gas station does...see my post on first page about hollin hall automotive in alexandria.

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    the local gas station probably wont have the equipment to mount low-profile tires and I doubt that they do it often enough. i've used Radial Tire enough to know that they will handle my rims with care and wont scratch them either.
    My corner station (Rose Hill Texaco in Alexandria) has the right equipment, and is a TR recommended installer. Took about 2 minutes each for him to mount my 275/35/15 Hoosiers on 15x10s. He didn't have any problems with my old 265/45/16s Kumho v710s on 16x9s either, or any of the other more normal tires I've taken him. So that's not really a true statement about the local station. I'd say check the TR recommendations for your area and just use one of them.

Banned
    And your cost after buying the tires and having them mounted by a local TR recommended mounter will be higher than buying them from Radial Tire.

Dave Apker

probably not true unless you live very near radial tire. factor in fuel cost and the lost time driving to radial vs. the <5min trip to the local garage and local is cheaper. nothing against radial, it is a great place, but there are other better options depending on where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan View Post
    And your cost after buying the tires and having them mounted by a local TR recommended mounter will be higher than buying them from Radial Tire.

Dave Apker
    May be true, but since I am never anywhere near Radial, it doesn't really matter. Accounting for gas and time, as Marshall said, makes it cheaper for me to go to the corner station. And Paul doesn't sell Hoosiers anyway the last time I checked, which are what I'm constantly replacing.

Street tires last me for 5+ years since the cars get almost no mileage and get replaced for cracks before the tread is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by hoyabmw View Post
    I'd say check the TR recommendations for your area and just use one of them.
    Being a Tire Rack recommended installer doesn't necessary make them good. Last year I bought a set of tires directly from Tire Rack to take advantage of a One Lap discount. They were shipped directly to Merchants Tire on Lee Highway in Arlington. First, Merchants said they weren't in when I called, but I stopped by and they were stacked right there in their showroom. Second, it took over 2 hours even though the two techs working on the tires didn't have any other jobs going on. Third, I didn't notice until weeks later that they had mangled the bead on one of the tires they removed meaning I had to try to sell a good set of 3 Michelin Pilot A/S tires.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Being a Tire Rack recommended installer doesn't necessary make them good. Last year I bought a set of tires directly from Tire Rack to take advantage of a One Lap discount. They were shipped directly to Merchants Tire on Lee Highway in Arlington. First, Merchants said they weren't in when I called, but I stopped by and they were stacked right there in their showroom. Second, it took over 2 hours even though the two techs working on the tires didn't have any other jobs going on. Third, I didn't notice until weeks later that they had mangled the bead on one of the tires they removed meaning I had to try to sell a good set of 3 Michelin Pilot A/S tires.
    True that. I wouldn't call Merchant's a place worth going to for anything (one time they told me I had to buy a new tire b/c they couldn't get a repaired flat to bead up, Curry's got it in < 30 seconds) I was more thinking of the smaller guys since they have more to prove.

Thread Information