Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Good place to mount tires
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good place to mount tires

Question Good place to mount tires

Do you guys have recomendations in the DC area for a tire shop that doesn't charge an arm & a leg to mount tires?

TIA.

I always go to my local Sears Auto Center. Many here use and have recommended Radial Tire and TireVan.

Alban tire in the Springfield area is also a good place to check.
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

Banned
    When I was at Radial Tire last month I think it cost either $11 or 13 a tire to mount and balance. Also Radial Tire is the only place I know that can balance the tire on the car. I got a quote from Tire Van and it was either $20 or $25 a tire.

Sears/NTW/Merchants is 5 minutes away but I drive 45 minutes on Saturday mornings to get to Radial Tire by 800am when they open at 900am. Wander why.

Have been dealing Sam and Paul for almost 20 yrs now.

Paul saved me almost $70 a tire by recommending Toyo Open Country's over the Michelin LTX M&S. Toyo's are a great tire. Beat the OEM Goodyear Wrangler's. My snow tires the Michelin Latitude Ice's beat the Wrangler's in dry and wet weather handling. Toyo's are superior to Latitudes. And Radial price on the Toyo's beat Tire Van.

Made the mistake once of going with Merchnat down the street for BF Goodrich tires for my 3 series. Big mistake.

Now if Paul had only had shuttle bus into Silver Spring or Rockville for good Chinese!

Dave Apker

Sears did a great job for me in mounting my winter tires
    2000 M5 Titanium Silver
    MD BMWCCA Plate# BMW0543

hollin hall service station on ft hunt road in alexandria. they have all the latest hunter equip for mounting even the lowest profile tires. they are a tire rack installer too. i use them on a regular basis for street cars, race car and truck.

Radial Tire.Paul and Sam and the rest of the crew have given me excellent advise and service.The only downside is they are not quick but the attention to detail and is worth the wait....
    Jonathan
    72 tii

How much does Sears charge per tire?

Quote Originally Posted by dougmoney View Post
    How much does Sears charge per tire?
    It's always ~$90 for four tires mount/balance, so approx. $22.50 per tire? It also depends on rim/tire size.

I just went to Radial Tire in Silver Spring today. I brought 4 new tires to mount on my (washed) 17" rims, and 4 14" wheels and tires which I wanted on another set of rims. All this was nicely loaded in the back of my Tahoe.

They did a great job after 2 hours waiting. I guess the job took them 30-45 minutes. But they charged me $20 a wheel plus $1 disposal of the 8 used tires. And now I ask myself: why didn't I just go to the Shell station on Wisconsin that's just 5min away?

They did not give a BMWCCA discount when I didn't buy their tires. If I'd showed up I'd bet you they wouldn't have the tires I wanted for the price I paid. And they obviously wasn't gonna charge me less even though they didn't have to lift two cars up in the air and unbolt/bolt the tires to the cars. To me that's unreasonable. But they were nice and friendly. Just not cheap or quick at all.

I don't think I'll go back there. Capitol Shell on Wisconsin has done a good job for me so far, and they charge the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Scany View Post
    don't think I'll go back there. Capitol Shell on Wisconsin has done a good job for me so far, and they charge the same.
    Not to bust balls because everyone can say good or bad things about any one and yea Paul can get busy at times(def holiday weekends).....but if Capitol Shell has done a good job so far, why did you go some where else?

You could always go to where i did (because i consider the 94 a POS and just wanted something cheap) and deal with someone who some how messed with the lip of the rim to cause a slow leak. O yea and told me i had to fix it.....first leaky tire in the past 9 years!

At least everything turned out ok in the end.
    Last edited by 87325is; 08-29-2008 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 87325is View Post
    ...but if Capitol Shell has done a good job so far, why did you go some where else?
    Because they charge 20 a wheel too.

Like I said, they were nice and probably very skilled. But they were not cheaper than elsewhere, which was the reason I tried them. I'd heard they were.
    Last edited by Scany; 08-29-2008 at 08:46 PM.

Banned
    Last time I was at Radial Tire to buy tires I paid $13 a wheel. However I purchased my tires from Radial Tire.

Since you had wheels and tires and just needed them mounted you should have called Sam and asked when a good time to drop them off was. And then picked them up when they were done and not waited.

My out the door costs for tires and wheels on my car or in the trunk have always been the lowest at Radial Tire. Tire Rack ahs always been substanially higher. I stupidly tried all palces just down the street in the past but learned my lesson.

I drive the 45 min to an hr on a Saturday morning get there by 8am. Kill an hour waiting for them to open, And am usually out fo there by 1030am.
    If only Paul would provide bagels, loxes and cream cheese or the option to breakfast delivered from Parkway Deli life would be good!

Radial Tire does an incredible volume of business. They are one of the largest retailers of Toyo's and Yokohama's in the US.

Dave Apker, Duncan and Kate

woodside deli is only .5 miles away....

Quote Originally Posted by Scany View Post
    Because they charge 20 a wheel too.

Like I said, they were nice and probably very skilled. But they were not cheaper than elsewhere, which was the reason I tried them. I'd heard they were.
    yeah, but their business is knowing good performing tires that sell under typical market prices. They are car guys, and they know A LOT about tires.

If all you want is tires mounted, there is no "product" for them to make any money on - its just a labor thing. There is nothing there to discount on ...

Heck, you can get that done anywhere!
    Just go to your local gas station ...
    Last edited by thewebgal; 09-02-2008 at 01:51 PM.

Thread Information