Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Brakepad wear light question

Thread: Brakepad wear light question

Brakepad wear light question

I have a 2000 328Ci. I just had the front pads, rotors and sensor replaced at a independent shop. After the work was done, the light was still on. The mechanic told me that his reset tool was broken, he had ordered a new one, and I could either return later, or have the dealer reset the light.
    After driving a few hunderd miles, I noticed that the light was no longer on.
    Can anyone tell me if the mechanic's explanation makes sense and/or why the brake wear light would go out on its own?
    I did have the ignition switch in the first position, with the radio on for a period of time. Is it possible that the light resets in a similar way that radio codes reset?
    Thank you for your feedback.

I think the system is setup to reset the light when the ignition is in the "on" position for 30 seconds without starting the car.

You didn't go to a BMW independent, did you?
    I don't know if it is different on an E46 but on a E36 the light is reset by replaced the pad sensor.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Brake pad light

Thank you for your responses, guys. The sensor wires were replaced along with the pads and rotors.

Apparently the 30 seconds without starting the engine did the trick.

Thread Information