Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
E46 wheel sizes to remain in Showroom?

Thread: E46 wheel sizes to remain in Showroom?

E46 wheel sizes to remain in Showroom?

I recently picked up a 2004 325i (meaning an e30 convertible is now for sale) and I'm trying to determine the allowable wheel sizes to remain in Showroom. I believe the sport package came with 17x8s. I've come across a good deal on a staggered setup from a 330 (17x7.5 and 17x8.5, perhaps), but I'm not sure this is allowable given the "from the factory" requirement. Can I get some input on 1) is the 17x8 my only factory option for the 325 and 2) would the staggered setup, if I have it correct, be ineligible?

I plan on buying soon...

Thanks,
    Brandon

You are correct. 17x8 was the only factory available option on the 325.

IIRC, you even have to run factory tire sizes.

While the staggered setup looks cool, I don't think it would really help you in autocross. The wider rear wheels and tires would make the car less willing to rotate. This is not really a desired handling trait in autocross.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I recently picked up a 2004 325i (meaning an e30 convertible is now for sale) and I'm trying to determine the allowable wheel sizes to remain in Showroom. I believe the sport package came with 17x8s. I've come across a good deal on a staggered setup from a 330 (17x7.5 and 17x8.5, perhaps), but I'm not sure this is allowable given the "from the factory" requirement. Can I get some input on 1) is the 17x8 my only factory option for the 325 and 2) would the staggered setup, if I have it correct, be ineligible?

I plan on buying soon...

Thanks,
    Brandon
    But if you have an extra set of wheels, you can always put your stock ones back on for autocrossing. You can't run R comps in Showroom, but you could run some stickier street tires.

Or, you could just get R comps and forget about Showroom.

Or, you could stay with the 8 inch setup for the street. As the poster noted above, it has a better balance than the staggered setup, anyway. Had I been able to find a set of 8 inch wheels from a 325, I would have put them on my 330 for autocrossing.

Thread Information