Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Issue with Dealer Responsiblity

Thread: Issue with Dealer Responsiblity

Angry Issue with Dealer Responsiblity

If you go to the dealer to have them check and set Nitrogen in your summer tires...

And the dealer says wait 10 more minutes so we can wash it...

And you say, no, I have to leave to get to work.......

And a rock takes out the windshield on the way to work...

Is the dealer liable for not forcing you to wait for a wash....

since you would not have been on 695 at that specific time to catch the rock?
    Bob Stern
    MD BMW CLUB TAG # BMW 0868

Senior Moment - 2003 330Ci (gone)
    Blue Tang O - 2013 135i (now in her bed)

That sucks!

Xoutpost.com - where you come for the information but stay for the friendships

Is this a serious question? You want a dealer to be liable for a accident?

BTW, I no longer work for a BMW dealer.
    Last edited by schosports; 04-09-2007 at 12:33 PM.

I strongly suspect that SpongeBob was just venting...

Anyone who commutes in this (DC) area has already caught a rock or 2 with the windshield. It can be infuriating, because there is little you can really do.
    I'm currently looking into getting my windshield replaced due to the accumulation of rock "stars" (3) and "sparkle".
    Joel Bossard
    ---------------------------------------------
    1998 M3/4, Silver driver
    2002 4X4 Dodge 2500 Cummins HO 6-speed hauler
    2006 VW Jetta TDI commuter

Quote Originally Posted by SpongeBob View Post
    If you go to the dealer to have them check and set Nitrogen in your summer tires...

And the dealer says wait 10 more minutes so we can wash it...

And you say, no, I have to leave to get to work.......

And a rock takes out the windshield on the way to work...

Is the dealer liable for not forcing you to wait for a wash....

since you would not have been on 695 at that specific time to catch the rock?
    You are joking of course, right.

Ummm, that is a no the dealer is not responsible....it's called an accident.

Wink Well, at least I got a discussion started!!!!

New windshield to be installed this Thursday....Just in time to see you all on the Spring Tour...RIGHT?
    Bob Stern

Quote Originally Posted by SpongeBob View Post
    Well, at least I got a discussion started!!!!
    I would have chosen a better thread title.

I, too, have pondered the probability that, with the vastness of space and infinite time, I would have the luck of driving under a flying rock at the precise time and location to have it strike the windshield. Boggles the mind!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Question Why N2

I "think" I see less pressure deviation during the season in the tire pressures. Almost 90%of my driving is high speed highway and that makes a difference.

Previous to last season, I added air about once a month. Last season the pressure remained almost constant the entire season.

But, for concurs, I guess I have to remove the N2 and put in air......
    Bob Stern

Thread Information