Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Marque Madness III June 14-15 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Marque Madness III June 14-15

I think Neil is going

Anyone wants to split a room at the Pit Suites? 59/night each incl tax

-- Jason

Any idea if BMW CCA members running below advanced in MMIII will get CCA instructors? I'm not a BMW snob by any means as I attend other club events and have had excellent instruction there as well, but when given the opportunity I'd prefer someone who's been through the Academy as sometimes others can be hit and miss.

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Anybody close to the DC Beltway taking a truck big enough to haul my four track tires? I can deliver to your house.
    Woody: I am coming down Fri AM for the MazdaDrivers school at the GE. Sorry but I don't think they will fit in my spec miata.

The rebuilt S14 is going back into my car next week but not in time to be broken-in by the weekend.

See ya down there!

Gerry
    1990 E30 M3 (white)
    2003 E46 M3 (white)
    1991 spec miata (blue)

Awesome event. Glad to see everyone out there!

Neil, had fun playing with you, next time we will set another personal record for ya!
    Wonger
    #199 Salazar Blue/White IP/GTS3 M3
    http://www.brakeswap.com
    http://www.roadracetech.com

Quote Originally Posted by magnetic1 View Post
    Awesome event. Glad to see everyone out there!
    It was a very fun event! I was fortunate to have Woody as my instructor Thanks again Woody for your time! I certainly learned a lot.

Woody was my instructor too

He helped me learn the track and was a big help when he reminded me to brake going into hog pens.

I also want to thank Joella John for filling me in on many little tricks and tidbits. The turn-in points and brake-points really helped.

I had never been to VIR, but I am sure I will be back. It is a great place, but I sure felt slow compared to the GT3s and Turbo Porsches. No need to lift when pointing them by!

Finally thanks to Raphael. Too bad about all the bent metal and busted toys, but at least nobody was hurt.
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR View Post
    It was a very fun event! I was fortunate to have Woody as my instructor Thanks again Woody for your time! I certainly learned a lot.
    It was fun riding with you Alex. I never knew who "Chosen GSR" was until just now.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

There was no bent sheet metal or any incidents at the MazdaDrivers event which immediately followed on the Grand East course and we had 160 students and 71 instructors!

Gerry Chan
    1990 E30 M3 (white)
    2003 E46 M3 (white)
    1991 spec miata (blue)

I don't think there was any issues the second day of MMIII either. It was just one of those freakesh things, people just seemed to have a bad day. I don't think this was down to bad instruction or a poorly managed event.

I was at a day at summit recently run fairly 'loosely'- and there was no bent metal, so it can just be the luck of the draw sometimes.

160 students on grand east. And no parades?

Quote Originally Posted by fpol View Post
    160 students on grand east. And no parades?
    40 cars can spread out quite a bit over 4.2 miles and 5 passing zones.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

And the Vettes kept trying to park in the grass!

It was a great DE overall with lots of track time, of course Gerry kept wishing he had his Real M3 out of the shop and kept eyeing mine.

Looking forward to the Shenandoah in July!
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

Hmm that's my bad. For some reason I was picturing the North Course which would seem short for 40 cars per and with fewer (2?) passing zones except for Instructors. Grand would I guess be the optimum layout for a large run group without reinforcing the deficiencies of the HP challenged like say Road America might.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson Button View Post
    Too bad about all the bent metal and busted toys, but at least nobody was hurt.
    Which cars got bent? Where are on the track and how (without naming names of course).

BonBahn
    BonBahn

From my memory

e36 busted control arm bolt = into armco with fender damage
    e36 dropped tire on warm up lap, yanked back on track, pretty major armco damage.
    944 turbo off uphill esses. got scared and lifted. armco damage to right side.
    s2000 granaded motor from mechanical over-rev from wrong gear into 1.
    e36 genaded clutch downshifting into 1. Recovered coupon from bell housing.

I am sure there are more that I forgot, but the 2nd day was much smoother.
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

Bob (aka Jenson),

See, this is why you should not work from "memory".

The e36 with the control arm failure did not hit anything. He went off in a danger zone and could not be driven, so we had to shorten that instructor session and send a tow truck to get him.
    Neither the blown motor nor the blown clutch resulted in bent sheet metal and both drivers were able to pull off safely.

The e36 wiped out the front end into the armco as you described.

The 944 resulted in some sheet metal damage - but this was the husband of an instructor driving her fully prepared (full cage, etc) race car. I actually received an email from them the Monday after the event, where they thanked me for a good event.
    Rafael Garces
    NCC Street Survival Coordinator
    NCC Past President (2003-2005)
    '16 BMW 340i - Estoril Blue, M-Sport, Track Handling Package
    '13 Porsche Boxster S, Amaranth Red

Thread Information