Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Marque Madness III June 14-15
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Marque Madness III June 14-15

Marque Madness III June 14-15

Registration now open.
    f you have never driven on a track before, but would like to try, or if you have no idea what an apex is, but would like to learn how to corner better, or if you want to learn the basics of car control in a safe environment, or if you just want to come out and improve your skills, then this two-day event is definitely for you. To learn more about the track, go to www.virclub.com.
    Registration is open only to members of the Audi Club North America, BMW Car Club of America, or Mercedes-Benz Club of America. Membership dues for each of these clubs:

* $44 - Audi Club North America
    * $40 - BMW CCA
    * $45 - Mercedes-Benz Club of America

The registration fee is $365 for each driver. Each registered student driver gets one ticket for the Thursday evening banquet. After May 20, the registration fee rises to $395. Additional banquet tickets for guests may be purchased at the event for $25 each.

http://www.gws-mbca.org/MarqueMadness.html
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

And, if you can't wait till June to get out on a fun track, registration for GVC's May 12-13 (Sat.-Sun.) Drivers School at Watkins Glen opens today:

http://www.gvc-bmwcca.org/drivingSchool/WhatsNew.aspx
    BonBahn

If you watched either of the Rolex Grand-Am races this past weekend you heard the announcers and drivers raving about the awesome VIR full course.
    Well the Marque Madness school will be your chance to drive this very same circuit. See registration information in post #1.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    If you watched either of the Rolex Grand-Am races this past weekend you heard the announcers and drivers raving about the awesome VIR full course.
    Well the Marque Madness school will be your chance to drive this very same circuit. See registration information in post #1.
    I watched the race this weekend. Nice spin on the front straight. Porsche spins, goes off to the right and right back on the track in between cars. Good heads up on everyone's part.

But after watching the two races, I really need to do the 4 days.
    Don't know how to gently break it to Florence.
    She's in SC and will have the dogs. I don't know where I will be.
    My house will probably be packed up and in storage but I'm keeping my tires, pads and tools handy. I'll probably just store them in the car just in case.

Woody, were you at VIR? I could have sworn I saw you on camera.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    Woody, were you at VIR? I could have sworn I saw you on camera.
    No, I our autocross Saturday and a pre-One Lap party Saturday night. I thought the camera work on the TV coverage was great.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Just finished watching the two races. Looks like they had wonderful weather. Enjoyed the commentators, too. Dorsey yelling "wow!" during the replay of the immaculate wipeout at 1 was hilarious.

I ran the VIR full course for the first time at the end of March. Brand new H&R race springs and Bilstein sports, I had no idea what to expect. It turned out to be an incredible weekend. The Climbing Esses and the Roller Coaster are truly turns to be reckoned with. Steel yourself and push as hard as you dare - one way or another, you WILL be rewarded!
    Scott Lowrey

In 05 I'd been waiting for 10 years to finally drive Watkins Glen. One month later I drove VIR and haven't been back to WG since. Including MarqueMadness i hope to have 10 days minimum on Main by the end of this year (going back in August for Car Guys and might add Mazda on Full in September to make it 12). If i had faith in my car doing 4 straight days I would sign up for all 4 in June.

I've got the last 3 years of Grand Am from VIR on DVD - only wish ALMS ran there.

Quote Originally Posted by fpol View Post
    In 05 I'd been waiting for 10 years to finally drive Watkins Glen. One month later I drove VIR and haven't been back to WG since. Including MarqueMadness i hope to have 10 days minimum on Main by the end of this year (going back in August for Car Guys and might add Mazda on Full in September to make it 12). If i had faith in my car doing 4 straight days I would sign up for all 4 in June.

I've got the last 3 years of Grand Am from VIR on DVD - only wish ALMS ran there.
    Addictive like crack eh?

Does anyone know if there are still spots open for this event? I might pull the trigger on this.

Edit: Joe confirmed that this is still open...
    Last edited by ChosenGSR; 05-09-2007 at 08:21 PM.

Spots are still open for both students and instructors.

This is a fun, low-key event. Having participants from all three clubs participating means that you will see an insteresting assortment of vehicles.

All registration is handled via the GWS Mercedes website - quick and simple.

As mentioned, VIR is a teriffic location. Fast and fun. There are highly technical corners that reward controlled and precise driving. It is also a very forgiving track with lots of run-off room.

I will be heading up to this event from Atlanta.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR View Post
    Does anyone know if there are still spots open for this event? I might pull the trigger on this.

Edit: Joe confirmed that this is still open...
    Rafael Garces
    NCC Street Survival Coordinator
    NCC Past President (2003-2005)
    '16 BMW 340i - Estoril Blue, M-Sport, Track Handling Package
    '13 Porsche Boxster S, Amaranth Red

Rafael is exactly right. I was at the event last year, and signed up again this year. It really doesn't get much better than VIR full. It's fantastic. BTW, GWS Mercedes registration system is off da hook. No need to mail anything and the payment can be done through PayPal or CC directly (using paypal underneath).

Alex,

So, "off da hook" is a good thing, right?

I was a bit worried that I had to call Joe and have him fix the registration.

Seriously, thanks for the support. We are going to order up some good weather once again this year.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR View Post
    Rafael is exactly right. I was at the event last year, and signed up again this year. It really doesn't get much better than VIR full. It's fantastic. BTW, GWS Mercedes registration system is off da hook. No need to mail anything and the payment can be done through PayPal or CC directly (using paypal underneath).
    Rafael Garces

Quote Originally Posted by Rafgar View Post
    Alex,

Seriously, thanks for the support. We are going to order up some good weather once again this year.

Thanks,
    It's a great thing. I am hoping one day we'll move to similar style registration. Looking forward to this event. I got another member to register earlier today

Quote Originally Posted by Rafgar View Post
    Alex,

Thanks,
    Rafael, did you have look it up? http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=off+da+hook

-- Jason

Jason,

I'm not that old!

Or, should I just add this to my sig and pretend I'm Woody?
    Rafael Garces

Thread Information