Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Looking for quality independent mechanics in Maryland

Thread: Looking for quality independent mechanics in Maryland

Smile Looking for quality independent mechanics in Maryland

Hello everyone, I am new to the board as well as a new BMWCCA member. I have a 01' 740IL and a 99' 528i. Wondering if anyone can recommend any shops in southernmaryland area. I live in Upper Marlbor, and am close to Charles County Md as well. I took my wifes 5-series to Passport BMW in Marlow Heights a month ago to get her Inspection II service done and I am not impressed with that facility. My 7 series is coming up shortly for maintenance and I am wondering where I can take it to get a good job done and not deal with the high prices of the dealership.

Any info form anyone would be greatly appreciated. THX
    Last edited by marlonmartin; 04-09-2007 at 06:14 AM.

I am very happy with Cromwell Valley Automotive. Owned by Rick McCain he has many years of BMW experience and has some great techs on staff. Located On Cromwell Bridge Road in East Towson, MD 410-494-7101.

Ask for Ricky or Ernie
    2000 M5 Titanium Silver
    MD BMWCCA Plate# BMW0543

I've been very happy with Capitol Hill Auto Service on Independence Avenue, SE (near Eastern Market) in downtown D.C. (Tel. 202.543-5155. Not too far from Upper Marlboro. They are very reasonable and enjoy an excellent reputation for fairness and customer service. I've been taking my 2001 M5 there for the past several years. Clutch install was half the labor cost of a dealer. They also installed my Ground Control suspension. Oil changes are done in half an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by marlonmartin@verizonmail. View Post
    Hello everyone, I am new to the board as well as a new BMWCCA member. I have a 01' 740IL and a 99' 528i. Wondering if anyone can recommend any shops in southernmaryland area. I live in Upper Marlbor, and am close to Charles County Md as well. I took my wifes 5-series to Passport BMW in Marlow Heights a month ago to get her Inspection II service done and I am not impressed with that facility. My 7 series is coming up shortly for maintenance and I am wondering where I can take it to get a good job done and not deal with the high prices of the dealership.

Any info form anyone would be greatly appreciated. THX
    BonBahn

Shop in Montgomery County

Can anyone recommend a shop in Montgomery County that does not specialize in BMWs only? I'm looking to have some work done on some other (non-BMW vehicles) and would appreciate any recommendations.

Regards,
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by brico View Post
    Can anyone recommend a shop in Montgomery County that does not specialize in BMWs only? I'm looking to have some work done on some other (non-BMW vehicles) and would appreciate any recommendations.

Regards,
    Brian
    There is a shop off of Shady Grove near 355. I can't remember the name of it. Traveling north on 355, turn right on Shady Grove. Left at the post office. Go under 370 and there is a shop on the left. I'll try to swing past it when I get a chance.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

I am in Montgomery country as well. The two shops I would recommend are Dan Martin's auto and BMW Excluservice.

http://www.danmartinsautoservice.com/
    80/hour

http://www.excluservice.com/
    95/hour

Mr. Martin is a honest guy, but his shop is kinda off the beaten path. He'll pick you up at the metro if need be.

The second one is closer to home and has a nicer setup, but they charge for it.

Thread Information