Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Supercharging Question & Exhuast Question

Thread: Supercharging Question & Exhuast Question

Supercharging Question & Exhuast Question

Woundering if anyone has installed a SC and which one.

I am debating between the AA C38 or the VF engineering.
    both stage 1.
    I have an E36 M3 98

Are there any other better choices for a stage 1. I cannot afford turbo btw or a twin screw.

Also anyone have the Stromung exhaust... How is the Drone at about 75 mph.. I am turning about 3300 rpms.

thanks everyone

I've got the VF kit on the 530. There have been fairly good results with the VF kits. Both companies have pretty decent reputations. Either are a good choice.

The AA kits, as of right now, seem to have the ability to build in stages. Also they seem to get into different types of forced induction. Which is very fun.

Well the first question in oredr to help you out would be: What are your goals?

Goals are:
    1. reliability for an everyday driver
    2. 0-60 under 5.0 seconds
    3. best bang for the buck
    4. unfare for VF but expandability is also good.

Ok so it's:

1- http://www.aatuning.com/supercharger/e36m3c38/main.php Which can be expanded to a stage 2. Which beleive me you will eventually want among other things, because this is a very slippery slop, trust me

or

2- http://www.vf-engineering.com/ In the same price range w/o a released stage 2. The stage two is in the works. The head r&d guy and I talk every so often about another project.

Almost a toss up? AA uses a Rotex blower while VF uses a Vortec. Try a seach on these two as far as maintenace and reliability (Vortec vs Rotex). Vortec has a strong reputation in the market. I've got about 15,000 miles on mine with regular oil changes. I'm not well acuratly versed on the Rotex.

Thread Information