Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
June 10, Mason-Dixon Trials

Thread: June 10, Mason-Dixon Trials

June 10, Mason-Dixon Trials

The Mason-Dixon Trials will be a Time-Speed-Distance Rally of approximately 60 miles through rural Baltimore and Harford Counties, Md and southern York County, Pa. No unpaved sections. Classes for Vintage ( pre 1963), Historic ( 1963-1981), Novice/Recreational and SCCA ( Equipped,Limited,Stock, and Novice) The Rally will consist of five trials with varying types of instructions for each trial.

http://www.midatlanticrallyseries.co...xonTrials.html
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Maybe?

Miriam and I are thinking about trying this. It will be the first time. I can not afford a divorce...one BMW related loss this year is all I can handle.....HINT HINT

Is there anything I can read or buy to give us a better idea about it?

Thanks Steven.....
    Bob Stern
    MD BMW CLUB TAG # BMW 0868

Senior Moment - 2003 330Ci (gone)
    Blue Tang O - 2013 135i (now in her bed)

I'm very interested as well, but have never done one of these. Would we be able to use my stockish street car? or my buddy's old Range Rover?

An street legal vehicle should be useable. A trip odometer that reads in tenths would be very helpful.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by SpongeBob View Post
    Miriam and I are thinking about trying this. It will be the first time. I can not afford a divorce...one BMW related loss this year is all I can handle.....HINT HINT

Is there anything I can read or buy to give us a better idea about it?

Thanks Steven.....
    Do you have a comfortable couch?
    Some rallies are taken very seriously.
    The route instructions should be similar to my tours but not in as much detail.
    My suggestion would be to try it and just try to finish. Don't worry so much about being on time all the time.
    There are some linked at http://www.branded.org
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    I'm very interested as well, but have never done one of these. Would we be able to use my stockish street car? or my buddy's old Range Rover?
    It's not WRC.
    Speeds are at or below posted speed limits.
    The idea is to follow instructions, drive a set speed for x minutes.
    The speeds are constantly changing based on signs or another object.
    It's a timing thing. If you fall behind you can often buy time.
    That is if you are 5 1/2 minutes you buy 5 1/2 minutes and you can get a zero for the leg.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    It's not WRC.
    Speeds are at or below posted speed limits.
    The idea is to follow instructions, drive a set speed for x minutes.
    The speeds are constantly changing based on signs or another object.
    It's a timing thing. If you fall behind you can often buy time.
    That is if you are 5 1/2 minutes you buy 5 1/2 minutes and you can get a zero for the leg.
    Ok, that's what I figured... but I was thinking it was only for "nice," vintage, or race cars. I think my buddy and I are going to give it a try if we're both free that day.

Wink I drive and Miriam Navigates

Am I asking for a divorce?
    Bob Stern

Am I asking for a divorce?
    In a word, yes.
    But of you go in it just to do something different and not worry about the time, it should be fun. Besides, you have Magellan to get you to the end.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I printed out several of the documents...

at the web site you suggested. Miriam looked at them. Offered me a chance to move with you....before she would do it....

Guess this discussion has ended,.......
    Bob Stern

at the web site you suggested. Miriam looked at them. Offered me a chance to move with you....before she would do it....

Guess this discussion has ended,.......
    Wise decision. We have had many arguments in the car over rallies.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information