Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
BMW M3 V8 engine

Thread: BMW M3 V8 engine

Banned

BMW M3 V8 engine

There is an excellent article on the new M3 V8 engine on the Speedtv website. Wonder if it will fit in a 2002?

Dave Apker

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan View Post
    There is an excellent article on the new M3 V8 engine on the Speedtv website. Wonder if it will fit in a 2002?

Dave Apker
    I am sure that with enough tweaking you could get it to fit under the hood of an '02, but the rear wheels would probably come of the ground in heavy braking
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

For Your listening Pleasure

What's up with the low torque? A quick scan of the specs for the BMW engines listed on Wikipedia shows torque numbers that usually equal or even exceed the horsepower ratings for a variety of I6 and V8 engines.

This engine, with 295 ft-lb of torque at 400+ horsepower, seems out of whack. Is BMW inflating their horsepower numbers or is this engine a bit on the weak side?
    Scott Lowrey

Good question, I read the other day that it's a rev-happy engine with the horsepower peaking at a pretty high rpm.

I think it reaches peak torque extremely early as well as having something along the lines of 75% of peak torque available at 2,000 rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan View Post

Dave Apker
    http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto...hnology/36191/

Thread Information