Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: 135

                  
   
  1. #1
    Senior Member 1996 328ti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    3,450
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

    318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    mlytle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    alexandria
    Posts
    381
    hmmm, is this a "tall" z3 coupe or a "short" ti?

    i certainly hope this car fares better in the us market than either of the other two hatchbacks did. looks fun! well, they all do actually!

  3. #3
    Senior Member 1996 328ti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    3,450
    Quote Originally Posted by mlytle View Post
    hmmm, is this a "tall" z3 coupe or a "short" ti?

    i certainly hope this car fares better in the us market than either of the other two hatchbacks did. looks fun! well, they all do actually!
    Nothing wrong with the last ti.
    It brought me into the fold as many other first time BMW owners.
    Besides, BMW sold more ti's tourings!

    Edit: Originally Posted by Phil Marx of Roundel Magazine
    Some facts might help put these arguments in perspective. For calendar year 2005, BMW NA sold 3,660 "sport wagons," including both new and old 3 Series, 5 Series, and all-wheel-drive versions of these models, making total wagon sales less than 2% of total BMW car sales of 197,833. By comparison, BMW NA sold 7,238 318ti Compacts in 1996---nearly 7% of 105,761 total sales. 318ti sales slipped to less than 4,000 in 1998, the last full year of sales for this model, but still accounted for 3% of total U.S. BMW car sales. How do you measure success?
    I'm a bit sensitive when you talk about the ti.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 03-19-2007 at 11:02 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

    318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

  4. #4
    Senior Member bren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Timonium
    Posts
    226
    Put a LSD in it and they'll have something.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Clifton, VA
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by bren View Post
    Put a LSD in it and they'll have something.
    Yeah just think of trips you could have. And you wouldnt care if your diff was open or closed. Where is Dr T. Leary when BMW needs him?

    Dave Apker and the collies

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    mlytle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    alexandria
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    Nothing wrong with the last ti.
    It brought me into the fold as many other first time BMW owners.
    Besides, BMW sold more ti's tourings!

    Edit: Originally Posted by Phil Marx of Roundel Magazine

    I'm a bit sensitive when you talk about the ti.
    i like the ti too! especially yours with the big engine...

    just that the rest of america passed on it. phil's comparison to touring sales isn't a good one. that is the other market failure for bmw. need to compare ti sales to the mercedes hatch. ouch. i wonder how the ti would have done if bmw offered it as a 325 or 330ti? i wonder how tourings would have done if they offered a 330it or m3it? 'mericans like power.

    as you know, i also own a 325 touring, more of a market crasher than the ti! doesn't make it any less of a cool car. just that we have different taste that mainstream america...

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    469
    I still wish we would have received the 130i M-Sport that is/was out a year or two ago. I saw a ton of 1-series' when I was living in France, but I never did see any 130s.

    I'm hoping they bring the 5-door because I need a little versatility if it were my sole car. I'd also probably only be able to afford the base (120d/120i or whatever)

  8. #8
    Member ErikT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bethesda
    Posts
    75
    http://www.autoblog.com/2007/06/28/t...-bmw-1-series/

    Read the release.

    Looks like we're officially getting the 1 series. Sold only in coupe form as the 128i and 135i (300hp twin turbo). A 'vert will probably follow at some point.

    It's a shame about the lack of the hatchback. A damn shame.

    The lack of diesel option doesn't surprise me.

    The press release compares it to the 2002, but the bubbly roof reminds me more of an E30 coupe. If the base model sells in the neighborhood of $25K they're sure to bring a lot of enthusiasts (and others) into the fold.

  9. #9
    Senior Member 1996 328ti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    3,450
    I hear diesels are coming, but not in the 1.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

    318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    http://www.autoblog.com/2007/06/28/t...-bmw-1-series/

    Read the release.

    Looks like we're officially getting the 1 series. Sold only in coupe form as the 128i and 135i (300hp twin turbo). A 'vert will probably follow at some point.

    It's a shame about the lack of the hatchback. A damn shame.

    The lack of diesel option doesn't surprise me.

    The press release compares it to the 2002, but the bubbly roof reminds me more of an E30 coupe. If the base model sells in the neighborhood of $25K they're sure to bring a lot of enthusiasts (and others) into the fold.
    I don't care what any release says, I'm still betting I couldn't get one out the door for under $30k.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    401
    Seeing the pressrelease on bmwusa.com today made me certain that this 135i will be mine. I'd been planning a 335i coupe with european delivery, but I think the 135i is a better option. Even greater if Europe doesn't get it. Will be fun to visit my dad in Norway and see how his $120.000 (translated from Norwegian krones) 535d M-tech holds up to a car a third of the prize. That's why I dont move back to Norway anytime soon

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •