Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Speed Cameras - Montgomery County, MD
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Speed Cameras - Montgomery County, MD

Exclamation Speed Cameras - Montgomery County, MD

http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/co.../locations.asp

http://www.rockvillemd.gov/residents...eedcameras.htm

They are sending out warnings for the first month. Good luck. All the roads around my house are listed.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

If they are anything like DC's, they probably won't be working.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

"helping save lives"

... my F'n ass!!!
    do they honestly think that's going to make people drive more carefully... gimme a break.
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    If they are anything like DC's, they probably won't be working.
    That's what I'm hoping. I've meant to look for the cameras every morning when I go to work... Of course I've forgotten every time. I wonder how many warnings I'm going to receive this month.

---Eric

Yup, Jones Bridge Road is on my morning commute, and on average people go 50mph in a 35 there. The light at CT & Jones Bridge is so short, if you don't speed to get to it you'll get passed by enough cars and that you won't make it through on the first or second green. On occation I've had to wait till the third green to get through. That is the ONLY reason I speed on that road.

I disagree with some of the listed locations for enforcement. The bill passed (HB 443 2005) was intended to allow enforcement on a "residential highway" and in school zones. A residential highway is defined as an area that "Adjoins and includes a highway where the property along the highway, for a distance of at least 300 feet, is improved mainly with residences or residences and buildings used for business." I guess it really depends on the specific placement, but if you happen to notice the radar too late, take a few pictures and maybe even a few measurements.

If you challenge the citation in court the fine will go to the State, not the County. It is a pilot program for state-wide use. If enough people challenge it and the backlog created in district court is too big, they may not go forward will full implementation. If you really want to kill the project you would tell everyone you know to accumulate as many citations as possible and than ask for a court date for each one!

Banned
    In MD does the ticket go against the car or the driver and do they count against your insurance? If they dont count against your insurance or drivers license then it is simple revenue generation and has nothing to do with traffic safety.

I agree I would tie up the courts until real criminals are going free you know like folks betting on office pools for the NCAA basketball tournament
    and not shoveling the snow off your sidewalk per the law.

Remember the burden lies with the state and you have to be guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

But in MD you are really going to get screwed in the next few years when they raise your taxes to cover the budget deficit.

I can see big income potential for a lot of lawyers if these tickets count against your insurance.

Hopefully MD will get DCs contractor.

Dave Apker

MD State law says: A violation for any photo enforcement may be treated as a parking violation. It is not a moving violation for the purpose of assessing points, may not be placed onto the driving record of the owner or driver of the vehicle, and may not be considered in the provision of motor vehicle insurance.

The info on the Montgomery County web site was a little misleading.

The revenue collected is supposed to be used "only" for public safety.

And Yes, we'd better figure out some new sources of revenue otherwise things could get ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    The revenue collected is supposed to be used "only" for public safety.

And Yes, we'd better figure out some new sources of revenue otherwise things could get ugly.
    Well, I guess we know where they are planning to get the money for the pedestrian/bike path beside 28 over 270.

---Eric

Let's not build better drivers, lets impose fines. Don't solve the problem, just profit off it
    2004 545i Sport, 6spd
    2004 X5 4.4

pdf of locations attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camera.jpg 
Views:	511 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	244  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 03-19-2007 at 08:17 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    pdf of locations attached.
    I'm surrounded.

I better start working from home. The commute is going to be too expensive.

---Eric

Does anyone know if there are countermeasures available for speed cameras? I saw an episode of "Mythbusters" where they tested stuff you could put over your plate -- the spray, fresnel lens, saran wrap, etc. Not a shocking conclusion, but none of these work. I don't advocate speeding or running red lights, but I detest big brother even more.

You can spraypaint the lens of the camera!
    (joking)

It seems like every couple of months you hear about some kook in Europe getting arrested for trying to destroy a speed camera. They have actually had to install cameras to keep an eye on the cameras...you can see where this is going.

Quote Originally Posted by eadmik View Post
    Does anyone know if there are countermeasures available for speed cameras? I saw an episode of "Mythbusters" where they tested stuff you could put over your plate -- the spray, fresnel lens, saran wrap, etc. Not a shocking conclusion, but none of these work. I don't advocate speeding or running red lights, but I detest big brother even more.

(and I am joking too!)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric View Post
    http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/co.../locations.asp

http://www.rockvillemd.gov/residents...eedcameras.htm

They are sending out warnings for the first month. Good luck. All the roads around my house are listed.

---Eric
    Big Brother at it's worst. I'm glad I live in VA.

Thread Information