Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Coolant Light!

Thread: Coolant Light!

Cool Coolant Light!

I got a 00 323i with just under 220,000 miles on the clock, I've just added a CAI, Conforti Shark Intake and a new SuperSprint and just began having intermitent coolant light issues. I've checked my coolant level and it's not low, I'm not getting any over-heating issues however sometimes going uphill and downhill I get a coolant light on the dash which comes on and goes off intermitently. I'd appreciate any and all possible causes or conclusions. Thanks in advance. Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Banned
    Is you radiator cap tight? Sensor tight and clean? Check the overflow tank and make sure it has no cracks or splits.

Dave Apker

Definitely sounds like a sensor issue.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR View Post
    Definitely sounds like a sensor issue.
    Where pray-tell should I look for the sensor... Thanks in advance.
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.

I believe the coolant level sensor plugs into the bottom of the expansion tank.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    I believe the coolant level sensor plugs into the bottom of the expansion tank.
    Thanks, I'll take a peak in that area to see what I can see, appreciate the information. Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.

Cool

I took my bimmer into FunKtion Auto today in order to get my fluids changed as well as get my coolant flushed and checked. I had the transmission, differential and brakes fluids replaced and bleed. When we removed the engine panel we discovered the radiator has two leaks and the expansion tank has one leak. Therefore I will have to replace both the OEM items. It's been 221,000 miles and a hell of a ride to this point. I believe I really, really got my money's worth. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.

Probably the fact that your car is "fairly" newish is what got you to 221k without the radiator going bad. Typically they are only good for 100-120k.

Thread Information