Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
How many classifieds sections are there on this site?

Thread: How many classifieds sections are there on this site?

How many classifieds sections are there on this site?

I counted at least three distinct sections with separate non-related ads in each. This is very confusing for both buyers and sellers. Might I suggest a single unified section on the message board (divided by popular categories such as cars fs/wanted; parts fs/wanted), and just leave it at that. Any hard copy ads that go into the club magazine can be transfered there.

Quote Originally Posted by chicane View Post
    I counted at least three distinct sections with separate non-related ads in each. This is very confusing for both buyers and sellers. Might I suggest a single unified section on the message board (divided by popular categories such as cars fs/wanted; parts fs/wanted), and just leave it at that. Any hard copy ads that go into the club magazine can be transfered there.
    There are 4 additional places for maximum exposure.
    They are the same ads.

Ads are initially placed in classifieds.nccbmwcca.org.
    They are pulled automatically to appear on the homepage and http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=123,0,0,1,0,0

Listed on the lower left of the board as well as a larger description in the classifieds section.

Properly formatted ads are copied to the der Bayerische.

I can separate the ads to their own sections of the message board.
    I also must to say, this system has reduced the workload for the webmaster, me. Plus it gives people the ability to remove or edit ads.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 03-09-2007 at 08:39 AM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    There are 4 additional places for maximum exposure.
    They are the same ads.

Ads are initially placed in classifieds.nccbmwcca.org.
    They are pulled automatically to appear on the homepage and http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=123,0,0,1,0,0

Listed on the lower left of the board as well as a larger description in the classifieds section.

Properly formatted ads are copied to the der Bayerische.

I can separate the ads to their own sections of the message board.
    I also must to say, this system has reduced the workload for the webmaster, me. Plus it gives people the ability to remove or edit ads.
    I appreciate the work that you have to do but the classifieds, are literally, all over the place, with seemingly no rhyme or reason as to the placement. I'm not trying to be overly critical just trying to provide some feedback as an end user

I appreciate the work that you have to do but the classifieds, are literally, all over the place, with seemingly no rhyme or reason as to the placement. I'm not trying to be overly critical just trying to provide some feedback as an end user
    I don't mind the feedback. Really.
    They need to be on the homepage since not everyone visits the board.
    Where do you think they need to be removed from?
    Or create additional sections under classifieds and remove them from the left side column?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    I don't mind the feedback. Really.
    They need to be on the homepage since not everyone visits the board.
    Where do you think they need to be removed from?
    Or create additional sections under classifieds and remove them from the left side column?
    I honestly think they work best on the Message board (like they were). Provide a link on the homepage to the Message board (This will also get people who don't use the message board to start using it). NCC Members would have their der Bayerische classifieds automatically added to the message board classifieds. And remove the "Classifieds link" at the top of the message board that seems to link to still another classifieds section (or either bounce it back to the message board classifieds).

You need one unified classifieds section that is easy to view and enter/edit items.

I honestly think they work best on the Message board (like they were).
    The reason I like the classified section is that classifieds are deleted automatically 2 weeks after the expiration date. When the license is up for renewal we can re-evaluate whether to continue.

I changed the block on the lower left so when you click on an ad it takes you directly to the classified as opposed to before bringing you back to the message board where you clicked to go to the ad. That was redundant but at the time I knew no other way. Since then I found something new.

Give me time and I'll do something for the classified section on the message board too. For some reason more people are placing ads now then when they could directly on the message board. Maybe it's just the time of the year.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information