Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
M20 5000 RPM Hiccup

Thread: M20 5000 RPM Hiccup

Question M20 5000 RPM Hiccup

I posted this thread on bimmerforums regarding engine cut-out at 5000 RPM under hard acceleration. If anybody has a clue as to what's going on, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!
    Scott Lowrey

For those that don't frequent bimmerforums, I appear to have a bad throttle position sensor. Looking forward to happy romps to redline without any whiplash. Stay tuned...
    Scott Lowrey

I had this issue also. I took the T body off the car and made sure it was in tolerances.

It was fine after that on my 89 that has gone away.

Wow, long time. I have an update. After swapping parts like an idiot (well, nothing wrong with replacing old parts on an old car, I guess), I finally fixed the problem.

It was the Air Flow Meter.

Yes, the TPS was bad, but that wasn't causing the dead spot. I paid $45 for a used AFM on eBay and - presto! The car runs great.

For those of you who have been kind enough to instruct me at the driver's schools, I hope I haven't caused any neck injuries. It should be smooth sailing from now on!
    Scott Lowrey

Thread Information