Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
How Many e30 M3s in the Chapter?

Thread: How Many e30 M3s in the Chapter?

How Many e30 M3s in the Chapter?

I've recently moved here from Texas, where there is a strong camaraderie between the e30 M3 owners (mostly in the DFW area, some in Austin - I was out in West Texas, but stayed connected via an e-mail group). Anything similar in this region?

I'm guessing there's a few more "original" M3 owners up this way. Most Texans were more interested in their pick-ups....

-Adam

i have one, but most e30 m3 owners are on the e30m3 SIG or on www.s14.net

a couple of us have gotten together but meets are few and far between

jeff

'cause you guys are elitists ... something about owning the "REAL" M3 :roll: :lol: :grin:

Yeah and your point ?? :roll:

nah...there just aren't many left..

i think the biggest following is on the SIG...which is pretty cool.

jeff

There are actually quite a few that are in the NCC and the area. Off the top of my head:

Woody Hair
    Chuck
    Kevin (in Salazaar)
    George May
    Han
    Blair
    2 other guys that AutoX with us but I don't know them by name.

Pete

My friend Ed Fuhrman has a dark metallic gray one-he runs a Audi/VW/Porsche/BMW performance shop up here in Hanover, MD called "Induktion Motorsports."

I'm on the SIG and s14.net, but the local group in Texas coordinated auto-xes in the area, garage days, shared specialized tools, coordinated track support (Iigomotiv is based out of Dallas), .... Seems like the whole NCC works towards the same goals, and the communication is much better than other chapters I've been in (both within the club and with other clubs).

My M3 is bone stock, but I'm looking at doing an engine rebuild <hopefully> this winter in preperation for some DEs next summer. I'm planning on coming out to the club auto-x next weekend to watch, so I'll look forward to seeing some of the M3s and meeting some owners.

I work over by Induktion Motorsports, just never knew it was there. I'm going to have to stop by and see what they've got. Thanks for the heads-up.

-Adam

Filippo Morelli hosted an E30 M3 gathering at his house near Waterford a couple of years ago. There were around 30 there and I know of at least a dozen in the area that weren't at that event. There's never more than a handful at local autocrosses but often ten or more at our driver schools.
    I look forward to meeting you Adam.
    Woody Hair
    Schwartz '88 MOC SHNL

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    There are actually quite a few that are in the NCC and the area. Off the top of my head:

Blair
    Blair sold his in July, shortly after finishing his rebuild. I think the car may have come up for sale again since then.

Quote Originally Posted by clyde
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete

Blair
    Blair sold his in July, shortly after finishing his rebuild. I think the car may have come up for sale again since then.
    That would be me. Welcome to the area!

If you run into problems, or need help with your rebuild (should you decide to do it), LMK.

Regarding my car: I sold it in July, and the new owner sold it less than a month after he took it home. I was told that he did not have any choice in the matter. The car is now in Mississippi, IIRC, in good hands from what I can tell.

Just got around to registering so I can post. I currently have 2 Ms with one for sale and one in the midst of a rebuild. Hopefully, will see you at an autox next year. Try to get to the PTG tour, it is well worth it!!
    Regards,
    John

Thread Information