Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Factory service CD-Roms or manuals

Thread: Factory service CD-Roms or manuals

Factory service CD-Roms or manuals

I just took delivery of a Hartge H50; V-10 w/ 7 spd. SMG in a E90 body. Would anyone know where I can get the factory service manuals (ETK/TIS, etc.) for both the 2006 M5 and 2006 E90. I purchased some CD-ROMs from Park Place BMW but they do not cover the current models.

Thank you for any tips.

Leith

is it legal in the US? i've read about that car. i'd love to see it at an event one day. even if it's just there on display.
    my advice is to wait untill the manuals are released a little later. maybe a technician can get you an inside copy.
    95 M3, 6-speed, 3.73
    Extensive weight reduction
    Website

All of the new manuals are no longer released on media, its all online.

for public/small shops

http://www.bmwtis.com/
    Last edited by jkuper; 02-25-2007 at 12:41 AM.

-- Jason

Quote Originally Posted by odortiz View Post
    is it legal in the US? i've read about that car. i'd love to see it at an event one day. even if it's just there on display.
    my advice is to wait untill the manuals are released a little later. maybe a technician can get you an inside copy.

It's legal, so to speak - We shipped a brand new E90 US car to Germany (after it was titled privately), and had it built by Hartge - its really an M5 lower front and rear cradle with the 3 series body dropped on top - the OBD II reads all M5 - speedo is 200mph, tach goes to 9000 with a 8500 redline -

No display car - I've had it for two weeks, beat hard on it for 400 miles, and 4 pulls on a mustang chassis dyno -

Quote Originally Posted by jkuper View Post

for public/small shops

Thanks for the help - I'll look into it today - I figure its only a matter of months before we break something -

Quote Originally Posted by frankenauto View Post
    w/ 7 spd. SMG
    Have you previously driven a car w/ SMG?
    I love my SMG. May only be a 330 CiC but I LOVE my SMG.
    Tom
    "Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
    --Thoreau--
    2005 330 CiC

Quote Originally Posted by frankenauto View Post
    It's legal, so to speak - We shipped a brand new E90 US car to Germany (after it was titled privately), and had it built by Hartge - its really an M5 lower front and rear cradle with the 3 series body dropped on top - the OBD II reads all M5 - speedo is 200mph, tach goes to 9000 with a 8500 redline -

No display car - I've had it for two weeks, beat hard on it for 400 miles, and 4 pulls on a mustang chassis dyno -
    can i get a ride in it? please?
    95 M3, 6-speed, 3.73
    Website

can i get a ride in it? please?
    Just don't let him drive it.
    You may never see it again.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    Just don't let him drive it.
    You may never see it again.
    a little dirt won't kill the car
    95 M3, 6-speed, 3.73
    Website

H50

The SMG is great for a street car - the V-10 / 7 speed combo seems like a total mismatch in the 5 series if your really looking for an auto stick - but with everything dailed up, the power band is nice between about 5000-7300 - down shifts are neat as well -

On track the loss of vehicle control associated with the SMG set up will show up - but who cares - its an incredible package for a street car.

I'll start working on a new motor build next.

Forgive my ignorance, but haven’t there been some problems with the V-10 M5 in a true stick?

I remember reading that you can't completely turn off the traction control in the latest M5 due to a wheel-hop issue? I thought the same article said something about how BMW engineers did not want to even offer a manual with the newest M5 because it was designed to work best with SMG…eventually they caved because the “purists” in the US would chastise them if they didn’t offer a true stick. There’s a lot of mis-info out there in the “webs”, so correct me if I’m wrong.

I love driving my stick, but I will admit that there are times when an auto may be more appropriate.

I read the same article - you can turn it all off in the SMG version in our car, but I guess in the stick shift car you can't. It may just be a matter of BMW not wanting to spend the R&D time to change things around for what they consider less than ideal configurations.

I drive the car daily to work - so I can appreciate shifting with your pinky every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but haven’t there been some problems with the V-10 M5 in a true stick?

I remember reading that you can't completely turn off the traction control in the latest M5 due to a wheel-hop issue? I thought the same article said something about how BMW engineers did not want to even offer a manual with the newest M5 because it was designed to work best with SMG…eventually they caved because the “purists” in the US would chastise them if they didn’t offer a true stick. There’s a lot of mis-info out there in the “webs”, so correct me if I’m wrong.

I love driving my stick, but I will admit that there are times when an auto may be more appropriate.

Thanks for the tip - I suscribed on-line - we do almost all our own work, so its really a big help.

Quote Originally Posted by jkuper View Post

for public/small shops

please post pictures in your gallery if you ever have a chance.
    95 M3, 6-speed, 3.73
    Website

please post pictures in your gallery if you ever have a chance.
    X2, sounds like a killer ride.

Thread Information