Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
CDV Removal Shop

Thread: CDV Removal Shop

CDV Removal Shop

I need to get that darn Clutch Delay Valve taken out of my 2003 330i. Can anyone recommend a shop in the DC Metro Area that is versed in this?
    Thanks!
    Jim

And...Why remove it?

Are you going with a different flywheel and clutch?

Greg

any local gas station with a lift can do this. it is a very simple job...

Quote Originally Posted by glindsay View Post
    And...Why remove it?

Are you going with a different flywheel and clutch?
    It causes massive clutch slippage. There have been times through the years I've had the car where my foot is nowhere near the clutch, but the clutch is stil partly in. As a result, I get limited forward power combined with high rpms and excessive clutch wear. Usually it happens when I'm accelerating hard between 1st and 2nd.

Never experienced any such clutch slippage in our fleet. Is there something else going on here? When was the last time the hydraulics were bleed?

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by glindsay View Post
    Never experienced any such clutch slippage in our fleet. Is there something else going on here? When was the last time the hydraulics were bleed?
    Car has 36k miles on it. (2003 330i). Hydraulics have never been bled. But I've noticed this occassional slippage from when the car was a baby. Thing is, the clutch doesn't always slip. In fact, most of the time it works as it should.

About two years ago, I took it to BMW of Fairfax and they checked it out (probably just drove it) and said it was fine.

I can still rev to 4k RPMs, pop the clutch, and get tire spin. But sometimes, there is slippage but only when I'm accelerating quickly. Not sure what to make of it.

Thread Information