Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Good Convertible Top Shop

Thread: Good Convertible Top Shop

Good Convertible Top Shop

Looking for a place in the DC Metro area (DC/VA/MD... I'll drive if their work is good) that does good work on convertible tops. Any suggestions/recommendations?

Many thanks,

FLi
    FLi GLi
    '95 M3 (track build in progress)
    '03 911 C4S (DD)
    '06 325xiT (hauler; winter beater)
    5 (hauler)

i'd stay away from adler and mandel in rockville. i had a lot of problems with them installing a new top on my e30. i ended going back to them 4 different times just to get the job done correctly.

jim

Thumbs up All the way to Baltimore?

If you want to come this far, Northwest BMW did a perfect job on Senior Moment. Total replacement thanks to the neighbor who wanted my radar detector....

Not sure what it will cost with member discount, because the Geico paid for mine.

Sponge Bob
    Bob Stern
    MD BMW CLUB TAG # BMW 0868

Senior Moment - 2003 330Ci (gone)
    Blue Tang O - 2013 135i (now in her bed)

Quote Originally Posted by beckley View Post
    i'd stay away from adler and mandel in rockville. i had a lot of problems with them installing a new top on my e30. i ended going back to them 4 different times just to get the job done correctly.

jim
    Thanks. It's always good to know who not to go to.

Anyone with DC metro recommendations?
    FLi GLi
    '03 911 C4S (DD)
    5 (hauler)

Quote Originally Posted by SpongeBob View Post
    If you want to come this far, Northwest BMW did a perfect job on Senior Moment. Total replacement thanks to the neighbor who wanted my radar detector....

Not sure what it will cost with member discount, because the Geico paid for mine.

Sponge Bob
    I'm looking for an idie place that specializes in tops and is reasonably priced. No offense, but if i wanted to bend over and take it up where the sun don't shine, I could do that much closer to home .

Thanks for the tip, though.

FLi
    FLi GLi
    '03 911 C4S (DD)
    5 (hauler)

Try Joe's Upholstery on Patrick Street in Frederick MD. The owner's name is Don. He is a great guy.

Interior work at Joe's
    Last edited by John in VA; 02-22-2007 at 11:11 PM.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Try Joe's Upholstery on Patrick Street in Frederick MD. The owner's name is Don. He is a great guy.

Interior work at Joe's
    Cool. Thank you!

FLi
    FLi GLi
    '03 911 C4S (DD)
    5 (hauler)

Convertible repair

LIMS in Tyson's Corner is good. . Good for tops and seats.
    703-893-7373

Quote Originally Posted by Chiaretto M3 View Post
    LIMS in Tyson's Corner is good. . Good for tops and seats.
    703-893-7373
    Thank you sir!!

FLi
    FLi GLi
    '03 911 C4S (DD)
    5 (hauler)

Quote Originally Posted by Chiaretto M3 View Post
    LIMS in Tyson's Corner is good. . Good for tops and seats. 703-893-7373
    I recently heard that the shop was sold/Lim no longer worked there, and the quality of workmanship had dropped off. Any other info/recent experiences?
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    I recently heard that the shop was sold/Lim no longer worked there, and the quality of workmanship had dropped off. Any other info/recent experiences?
    Yes. I called Lims in Tysons and ended up taking my car there. An Oriental man took care of me, I'm assuming it was Lim. Did an excellent job and I was surprised (pleasantly) at the price. I highly recommend and would go back to him again for any future top work I may need.

Cheers and thanks to everyone for their suggestions!

FLi
    FLi GLi
    '03 911 C4S (DD)
    5 (hauler)

Number for LIMs

Hello, does anyone have the number for LIMs? I have a small tear in my driver's seat, and I wanted to see how much he would charge to fix it. Are there any other places you would recommend?

Thanks,

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by gmufiji View Post
    Hello, does anyone have the number for LIMs?...
    Thanks,
    Kevin
    The number was 703-893-7373 - not sure if it has changed.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Thanks for the number

Thanks for the number. I just noticed it was also posted a few posts above. Guess that's what happens when you skim too fast.

Kevin

Thumbs up Lim's Still Excellent

Many years ago got some consultation on a Dodge convertible rear window (got rid of car before I replaced it..). At that time, the elder Mr. Lim was in charge. Now his son and his former Manager are running it...had two items done on my 328iC...the rear sail plastic thingys and (well - his fault) a new rear window. Excellent...

Thread Information