Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Stuck Rims

Thread: Stuck Rims

Stuck Rims

Does anyone have a solution for rims which get stuck on the hubs?

Every time I change a tire i have to use a block of wood and hammer to get any of my rims off. I have tried anti seize. I sand down the hub and rim before i put everything back together.

It seems as if it is the hub flange is where it is getting stuck, the flat part of the hub is not perfect but much better then the flange.

My e30 has never had this problem at 170k, but garage kept. the e36 has 130k and this is getting worse it seems

Anyone solve this issue? I am at the point where i have to have a block of wood and hammer in the car just incase i am not at home.

You may want to spray some PB blaster around the hub and wait a bit.
    Another thing to try is loose up the wheel bolts and rock the car.

Once you get it off, use antiseize compound where the wheel touches the hub.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

use anti-seize on the hub face....and take the wheels off more often..

Ditto what Steven said, our Passat used to do this when we put the winter steelies on it. You had to loosen all the lug bolts on the rears and toss it thru some corners to break them loose.

Never had an issue with an E30 either.

I am all game for loosening the bolt and have done that in the past. I guess i was hoping for the come home to a flat tire and cant really drive it solution.

Thanks for the replys so far

I think I saw that BavAuto (among other retailers I'm sure) sell "Wheelmates?" that supposedly make changes easier.

Like mlytle said, taking the wheels off every now and then (also good to clean them on the inside) will definately help.

Banned
    I find the easiest way to get them off if stuck with car on jackstands was to work them back and forth with one foot on one side and one foot on the other side. This would usually break the loose.

Then I would use a piece of sand paper to remove the corrosion and coat with anti seize. Never had this problem when I was doing drivers schools.
    And with changing over to snows each December a little wiggle was usaully enough.

Be careful spraying PB Blaster just a little should do the job. Getting some on the pads might not be the best move. And you just need a little anti seize. E30 bottle caps have these issues big time.

Using a good impact driver will often break them loose too. Or just have your neighborhood male herding dog piss on the wheels and this breaks the corrosion and gives you tires a nice shine without all the problems Armour All can cause on tires! Makes an excellent brake clean too! Duncan is available for rent $25 a car.

Dave Apker

Thread Information