Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
New to Area, Looking for Body Shop
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New to Area, Looking for Body Shop

New to Area, Looking for Body Shop

Folks-

I'm new to the area, and looking for a shop (or a couple of shops) to help me out with a few items for my e30 M3 and Trailer:

- The rear wing need paint
    - I'd like to get my spare subframes reinforced and powder coated
    - The trailer needs a fender replaced (I have a new fender, just needs to be welded on and painted - last time I loan out my trailer...)

Thanks in advance for the help.
    -Adam

Body shop

I have used High-Tech Auto Body, 8606 Old Harford Road, Baltimore, MD 21234. (410) 661-4377

I had a little shopping cart ding on the side. The repair was flawless. They are not inexpensive, but the work was excellent. The inssurance company I have has such a good relationship with them, that the repair was easily done. (I hope that is a good thing!

Good luck in your search.

Any suggestions for Northern Virginia? Arlington, Fairfax, and Reston are all convenient locations.

Thanks.

My neighbor behind me has been proffessionally painting for 20 years. He has a shop in Annapolis. He use to acyually build FFR Cobras and sell them so he is good. If you want I can find out the name of his place for ya.
    vroom vroom...........

Quote Originally Posted by satyric
    Any suggestions for Northern Virginia? Arlington, Fairfax, and Reston are all convenient locations.

Thanks.
    THe shops most often recommended in Virginia are Wagonworks in Arlington and Springfield Auto Body.
    Rafael Garces
    NCC Street Survival Coordinator
    NCC Past President (2003-2005)
    '16 BMW 340i - Estoril Blue, M-Sport, Track Handling Package
    '13 Porsche Boxster S, Amaranth Red

High-Line body shop in Manassas

This guy has done the best paint work I've ever seen. The company is Autocrafters in Manassas. 703-335-9646. The owner's name is Robert Appell. I know he's done a lot of CCA members' cars.

In fairfax, I used BMW of Fairfax, their body shop. Have been extremely pleased with their work. They flew in the guy from PPG to paint match my car. They were professional -- it takes some time though, be prepared for that. I think my car was there for almost 2 months.

When I needed some body and paint work done, Barry Brown recommended Springfield Auto Body (SAB). He has also recommended them to several members of this mailing lists and they've been quite pleased with the work, as was I. They do absolutely first class work. When I got my car back from them, it looked better than when I bought it. Call Jim Scott (Owner) or Jim Amery (Shop Manager) at (703) 569-5055. Be sure to tell them you were referred to them from the NCC BMW CCA. You won't be disappointed, as I am sure several other members here can attest.
    Sheree Anderson
    VA 1FUNBMW
    2003 325i Alpine White

Sorry for the late reply

Quote Originally Posted by AdamBixler
    Folks-
    I'm new to the area, and looking for a shop (or a couple of shops) to help me out with a few items for my e30 M3 and Trailer:
    - The rear wing need paint
    - I'd like to get my spare subframes reinforced and powder coated
    - The trailer needs a fender replaced (I have a new fender, just needs to be welded on and painted - last time I loan out my trailer...)
    Thanks in advance for the help.
    -Adam

Adam,
    By all means, call Springfield Auto Body. They sponsor my racecar:
    http://www.motorsportsimaging.com/SC...01_04_0067.htm

And, they love working on BMW's.
    Be sure to tell them I referred you. You won't be sorry.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry
    That's a funny looking BMW.
    Drew
    1997 Boston Green ///M3 Coupe

Racecar

Quote Originally Posted by dinomite
    Well, I wish I could afford to race a BMW. It's expensive enough racing a Civic.
    But the M3 is a wonderful daily driver.
    Barry

Yeah,...

Quote Originally Posted by dinomite
    Yeah, I wish I could afford to race a BMW !!
    Barry

Elite Autohaus in Jessup, MD

Been using them since 1995.
    Had many repairs on several E30s and my E34 done there.
    Always excellent work. Not cheap, but they will work with you if the opportunity is there..

I'm new to the area too. My insurance company (Farmers) recommended NT Autobody in Alexandria. DON'T EVER TAKE YOUR CAR THERE. The work and experience was horrible.

Mistake #1 - bouncing my car off a guardrail
    Mistake #2 - listening to an insurance company
    Mistake #3 - taking my car to NT Autobody

I had a significant accident involving a concrete wall and decent speed. I brought my car to BMW Towson. Although it took a fair amount of time, the repair work done on my vehicle was phenomenal. The mechanical work was conducted at BMW Towson, and the body work was conducted at Carstar (East Monument Street, Baltimore). I have also dealt with Towson on a number of other occasions, with a positive experience every time.
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Thread Information