Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Luvin' the snow/ice
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Luvin' the snow/ice

Luvin' the snow/ice

Welp, I dunno about you folk, but I've had one helluva fun time with the road conditions tonight. I just spent the last 45 minutes practicing my "controlled oversteer" in a huge empty parking lot... until a plow truck came by and plowed / salted the one corner I was using
    hehe... I love the snow
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

I don't know any empty parking lots around here that don't have freaking islands all over the place. However snow tires + asc + lsd = niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

I was tempted to go out and play but I can do that on pavement. So I just stayed inside.

I grew up in Mass so snow is nothing foreign to me. This weather front would been oh well a rough day but big deal.

Crazy how an area that has equipment freaks and shuts down when it gets some minor weather that comes thru.

E30's power oversteer all the time. Oh my wife even takes her BMW to work in this weather as she feels it handles the weather better than our family truckster.

Yeah, I'm from Maine originally - 4" of snow wouldn't have even gotten me a delay in high school... haha. Oh well.
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

new englander here too. the snow doesn't phase me or my wife a bit. it is all the mid-atlantic folks who are unprepared and clueless about driving in it that scare me. love it when they are stuck on the side of the road...that means they can't hurt anyone.

My E30 with Blizzacks and a LSD drove great! Easy drive once I dug out of my parking spot after being plowed in. My secondary roads haven't been cleared that well and a few miles from home I turned around. Too many people driving like maroons. Fast where they should be taking it easy, close when they should be going quick. One the brakes way too much. Driving on the snow covered portion of the road when there is some pavement showing.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    My E30 with Blizzacks and a LSD drove great! Easy drive once I dug out of my parking spot after being plowed in. My secondary roads haven't been cleared that well and a few miles from home I turned around. Too many people driving like maroons. Fast where they should be taking it easy, close when they should be going quick. One the brakes way too much. Driving on the snow covered portion of the road when there is some pavement showing.
    Hey Steven,

I seem to remember another time you were out driving the Old Red ti in the snow. Made the evening news that time!

Sorry I had to bring that up!
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

Quote Originally Posted by Real M3 View Post
    Hey Steven,

I seem to remember another time you were out driving the Old Red ti in the snow. Made the evening news that time!

Sorry I had to bring that up!
    Lesson learned!
    ZR tires and snow don't mix.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

I went out with our cabrio on just all seasons today. LSD and porky e30vert slushbox was so easy to get around in.

Ha, I was thinking the same thing.

It's my first winter in my E30 and I made it from Bethesda to work in Annapolis this morning without any problems. I'm definately glad I swapped out the K1's for bottlecaps with snows. I managed to have a little fun in my parking loat and on the short stretch of unplowed roads I encountered this morning. It made the drive a bit more bearable.

I grew up in the mountains of upstate NY & went to college in northern VT so I'm no stranger to the snow either.

I agree, there were way too many people going fast in the wrong situations. Luckliy I left early enough that traffic was fairly light (although the beltway hadn't been plowed).

Minnesota native here. Snow plowing here in MD is hilarious - amateur night on the local roads. I suppose they don't get to practice much, so I shouldn't poke fun.

LOVE driving in this stuff. But the Strumpet (E30) is up on stands in the garage and the Princess (Lexus) is nearby. Both warm and dry. Me and the Duke (Dodge 4x4) go out and tear things up while the girls slumber.
    Scott Lowrey

Banned
    I take snow in New England any day over snow here in DC area. Problem is it usally snows and ices like it did yesterday when temps are between 28 and 34 degrees. And as a result road conditions are the lsickest and nastiest. It is a lot easier to drive on snow and ice when when temps are below 25 degreees and even easier when it is below 20 degrees. Another thing New England doesnt get influx of idiots from the South, South West and California who have no clue about drive in the sleet or snow. And we also get an influx of morons from New England , the Midwest and where ever esle they think they know how to drive in the snow but they come to DC and fins out they cant.

And remember if you are a speed skater you wants temps about where they usually are in the DC area to set a record time.

There are few of us Woody and several others in the club who have lived in DC area all or most of our lives. We can drive in the snow but with all those New Englanders out there who think they can drive in the snow its better to stay home with the fireplace going , pour a nice single malt from the Scottish Highlands and have your girlfriend model the lingerie she just got for Vday!

E30's with LSD are great in the snow. Nothing like getting a different view of things going around curve because you are at a different angle than in dry or wet.

Dave Apker and the collies

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan View Post
    I take snow in New England any day over snow here in DC area. Problem is it usally snows and ices like it did yesterday when temps are between 28 and 34 degrees. And as a result road conditions are the lsickest and nastiest. It is a lot easier to drive on snow and ice when when temps are below 25 degreees and even easier when it is below 20 degrees. Another thing New England doesnt get influx of idiots from the South, South West and California who have no clue about drive in the sleet or snow. And we also get an influx of morons from New England , the Midwest and where ever esle they think they know how to drive in the snow but they come to DC and fins out they cant.

And remember if you are a speed skater you wants temps about where they usually are in the DC area to set a record time.

There are few of us Woody and several others in the club who have lived in DC area all or most of our lives. We can drive in the snow but with all those New Englanders out there who think they can drive in the snow its better to stay home with the fireplace going , pour a nice single malt from the Scottish Highlands and have your girlfriend model the lingerie she just got for Vday!

E30's with LSD are great in the snow. Nothing like getting a different view of things going around curve because you are at a different angle than in dry or wet.

Dave Apker and the collies
    spoken like someone who doesn't know that new england can and does get the same icing situations that the dc area gets. btdt.

present company excepted, mid-atlantic drivers are clueless in any slippery condition..ice, snow, rain, whatever. there just isn't enough of it around here for anyone to get proficient at it. other parts of the country see adverse driving conditions on a regular basis.

i'll take a beltway full of random new england drivers over one full of mid-atlantic poseurs any day....

Exactly, and since me and wife Moved from the Eifel region of Germany where
    this is common most of the winter.

If you think you are comfoertable driving in snow, check out

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...81877229&hl=en

The snow doesn't show up until about a minute into the video.

Thread Information