Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
February 17, DIY at Convenience Care Care
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: February 17, DIY at Convenience Care Care

February 17, DIY at Convenience Care Care

Hey Guys,

So far we have no pre-registrations for the DIY at Convenience Car Care next weekend. It would be great if we can get some people out there. Alan Marsh has worked hard to put together a whole year's worth of dates, this is the first one and he's talking about cancelling if we can't generate enough interest that it won't be an "embarrasment to the club."

I'm registering right now.

If any of you are planning a job, this would be a great opportunity. Try to bring someone else with you whose never done one...see if you can get them into it.

See ya'll next weekend...

Rob
    1988 325iX
    2001 325Xi Touring
    1982 Toyota Landcruiser

I think you make 5 including Alan.
    I need to swap out brake pads for Mar 3 VIR but a lot depends on the weather. I still have my summer tires on the ti.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

I wish I could attend or help out - will be sitting in an exciting conference that entire weekend!!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

I'd like to come. I sent in a pre-registration but haven't heard back. I actually asked a few questions in my pre-reg form I need answered before committing. Mainly, I'm looking to replace my exhaust (down-tube back). I'm pretty sure I don't have all the tools it may take for the install and I have never done any exhaust-related replacement. Who should I call at CCC to price the necessary parts?

(edit) - questions answered.
    Last edited by ErikT; 02-10-2007 at 03:59 PM. Reason: updated

I'll register. I need to change brake fluid; I can do it at home, but probably would fun to do with others there
    Fatih

Steve,

What are the criteria for DIYs? I have some front suspension bushings and thrust arms that need to be replaced. But I hesitate getting there and needing a lot more assistance than I anticipate. Do I have to buy the parts there or can I provide my own parts?
    Tom Buchanan
    BMW CCA Instructor
    ============================================
    1999 M3 (Track Rat)
    2002 540i 6-speed (My Car)
    1999 Acura 3.2 TL (Wife's Car)
    2004 GMC Yukon XL Denali (Family Mobile and Tow Vehicle)

Cool

I registered over one week ago, and asked could I pay with PAY PAL instead of sending a check. I haven't heard back yet. I signed up using the on-line registration. I hope we have enough interested club members to pull this off. Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Quote Originally Posted by TMB_540i View Post
    Steve,

What are the criteria for DIYs? I have some front suspension bushings and thrust arms that need to be replaced. But I hesitate getting there and needing a lot more assistance than I anticipate. Do I have to buy the parts there or can I provide my own parts?
    You are going to need to speak with Alan or maybe Rob will chime in since he is more familiar with Convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Zchild View Post
    I registered over one week ago, and asked could I pay with PAY PAL instead of sending a check. I haven't heard back yet. I signed up using the on-line registration. I hope we have enough interested club members to pull this off. Happy Motoring...
    PayPal is certainly doable. I could have a special address for Alan to get a copy of the transaction. Need to discuss it with Alan and the board. I already established a PayPal account for the chapter.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Sorry, it does not look like I will be making the DIY, did not realize it was only for BMWs
    Fatih

Quote Originally Posted by FT View Post
    Sorry, it does not look like I will be making the DIY, did not realize it was only for BMWs
    Email Alan. I would hate to become elitists.
    That is what I despise of other groups.
    We can always stick a Roundel on the front and rear.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Who's Alan?
    Fatih

Quote Originally Posted by FT View Post
    Who's Alan?
    Alan Marsh abm_16 @ verizon.net
    He is the DIY coordinator.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thanks Steven.
    Fatih

For everyone's convenience, you can pay online.
    Click on the PayPal link.
    http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=156,993,0,0,1,0
    You may use PayPal, VISA, Mastercard, Discover or AMEX.
    You do not need a PayPal account.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

DIY at CCC 2/17

Erikt - You should have gotten an email that would have come from Alan. Have you checked the email acct the address for which you provided in the form? Maybe you typoed the address? You could always do it again...

I would ask Alan about bringing vehicles other than Bimmers, I think he's open to the idea as long as there's room.

Regarding the front end work...last time we were at CCC somebody did CA bushings on his E36. You're right, though, it did eat up alot of the tech's time and it was barely done in time. I would say bring it on, but make sure you study the procedure in advance so you can do as much yourself as possible. CCC has the air tools you'll need and they are totally fine with letting people use that stuff. Oh, also, you may want to hit those suspension fastners with some PB Blaster the night before (or even a couple times in the days leading up to the event) to loosen them up.

See you guys Saturday, I talked to Timmy (owner of CCC) last night and he's looking forward to it, we're gonna have some fun!

Rob
    1988 325iX
    2001 325Xi Touring
    1982 Toyota Landcruiser

Thread Information