Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
NCC May 12 Highway Safety School • May 13 Driving School
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NCC May 12 Highway Safety School • May 13 Driving School

NCC May 12 Highway Safety School • May 13 Driving School

Pre-registration begins March 5.
    The registration period to mail your form is March 19 - March 30.

Jefferson Circuit
    $125.00 May 12 Highway Safety School
    What is a Highway Safety School? Read about it here.
    $175.00 May 13 Driving School
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

I read on the rules that you must be 18 to participate. Is there a parental consent form for those under 18, similar to NASA rules?

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeD View Post
    I read on the rules that you must be 18 to participate. Is there a parental consent form for those under 18, similar to NASA rules?
    Driving Schools you must be 18.
    Highway Safety School you can be 16.
    http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=48,113,0,0,1,0

Is there a minimum age requirement to enter the school?

To drive in our drivers' schools, you must have a full (i.e., not a provisional or restricted) driver's license and be at least 18 years of age or older. (revised 2/8/05)

To drive in our safety schools, you must have a full (i.e., not a provisional or restricted) driver's license and be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18, you and both your parents or legal guardians must fill out a special waiver and have it notarized. If you need such a waiver, please contact our event registrar. (revised 2/8/05)
    minor_waiver_release.pdf 54.44 KB
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Hi -- I'm a new member, thinking of signing up for both days of this upcoming school. I'd like to have my 18-yr-old drive in the Highway Safety School, and take the Driving School myself. Here are a couple questions that I couldn't find answered on the site:

1. What's the difference between the one-day and the (more usual) two-day Driving Schools?

2. If I sign up my son, presumably as a non-member, is there a substantial likelihood that I'll get into the class and he will be excluded? If so, how do I deal with that -- get him his own membership?

thanks!

monty

Highway Safety School link.
    Driving School link.

Admissions Policy

Because of strong demand for space in National Capital Chapter (NCC) drivers’ schools, sometimes we are unable to accommodate all of the students who apply. For schools where applications exceed our school capacity, we will admit students as outlined below.

Priority Assignment
    Students will be admitted in order of application postmark date from among the following groups until school capacity has been reached. Within each group, applicants for both days of a school will be admitted first, and then, if spaces remain, single-day applicants will be admitted. Ties within groups will be broken by random drawings:
    1. NCC members
    2. Members of other BMW CCA chapters
    3. Non-members
    4. Those submitting applications postmarked outside of the registration period
    Typically Highway Safety School does not fill up.

You can always make your son an associate member.
    I think it's $10/year.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Pre-registration is no open.
    There is no rush, just be sure you have it completed before mail in registration opens.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

To those pre-registering. Priority goes to NCC members. If you are not an NCC member, you should consider it.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Hi! I preregistered for both days, but just learned that I'll be out of the country. Wanted to let you know so I don't take up a slot that could go to someone else. Hope to try again next time.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mkosma View Post
    Hi! I preregistered for both days, but just learned that I'll be out of the country. Wanted to let you know so I don't take up a slot that could go to someone else. Hope to try again next time.

thanks
    Just don't mail you registration and check.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Is there priority for people signing up for both days, like there is for the two-day drivers' schools? If there is, I would consider signing up for the HSS in order to secure a spot for the drivers' school. Thanks,

Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by BentWookie View Post
    Is there priority for people signing up for both days, like there is for the two-day drivers' schools? If there is, I would consider signing up for the HSS in order to secure a spot for the drivers' school. Thanks,

Bryant
    You may have to ask Doug but I believe we use the same priority system. Given that, there are several people who will only sign up of the HSS and the Jefferson doesn't normally fill up like the main track. Get your form in the first day and there won't be a problem.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Registration assistant needed

We may be in need for someone to distribute the registration materials each morning during this school.

Responsibilities will be
    • be at the track at 7:00 am
    • have students sign waiver
    • distribute registration material
    The material will be collated for you before hand.
    Helpful if you can pickup material in Gaithersburg/Rockville area Thursday before the event.
    Contact Doug at NCCDSRegistrar @ mac.com
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Mail in registration begins March 19.
    I would encourage to have family members register for Highway Safety School.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Can I mail in my registration without my BMW CCA membership number? I'm still waiting for it to arrive. I've pre-registered for both HSS and Driving School.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Ambalong View Post
    Can I mail in my registration without my BMW CCA membership number? I'm still waiting for it to arrive. I've pre-registered for both HSS and Driving School.

Thanks,
    Yes. Enclose a note that your message card is pending.
    Although I would suggest doing it TODAY.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information