Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
E30 Exhaust Manifold Nuts

Thread: E30 Exhaust Manifold Nuts

E30 Exhaust Manifold Nuts

I'm looking for a set of exhaust manifold nuts for my E30 M20 (manifold to pipe flanges). These are thin-walled M10 coarse thread nuts that appear to have oval locking collars. Overall width is around 13mm.

I've ordered "copper E30 exhaust manifold nuts" from Pelican Parts and (if I recall correctly) Bavarian Auto. Both sent nuts that were way too small. I've tried McMaster-Carr and some lesser web sites, but they don't have M10 nuts that are this narrow (standard M10's are 17mm wide).

I don't think there is anything special about the exhaust manifold studs on this particular motor. I suppose I could check with the dealer, but I'm surprised I'm getting the wrong parts from otherwise reliable sources.

Any ideas or should I just go to the source?
    Scott Lowrey

I bought mine from the dealer way back when, but the old motor had had at least one manifold stud replaced, and was using a standard 17mm nut, and the exhaust nuts didn't fit. (I ended up reusing all the old hardware that time) When I put in the new motor, the manifold nuts and gaskets that I had from before were what I used, and they fit fine.

I want to say I used a 14 mm socket on the exhaust nuts, but it might have been 15...

Kevin

Got 'em! A friend at one of the dealerships came through. Took two tries for me to convince him that they were, in fact, M10's. Apparently, the parts book says otherwise.
    Scott Lowrey

Thread Information