Hello all,

I have a 98 328 convertible with 117K miles. I want to try to bring the suspension back up to par, and I was wondering what I need to do. Do I need to get new springs, or can I just get away with shocks and struts all around? Is there anything else I should be replacing while I am at it like the strut mounts.

My car does not have the sport suspension, so I am thinking I should upgrade the shocks while I am at it. I like the way the car rides until I try to do any hard cornering, which is where I would really like to see an improvement. I have driven an E36 M3 and I like the way they drive. They seem ok for everyday driving - not too rough. I don't think I want to lower the car because I am running a set of staggered countours and I am worried that the tires would rub if I used shorter springs. The tires are close enough to the fenders as it is.

Finally, is this something that I could tackle at a DIY session, or should I leave it to the professionals? I am a novice, but I would love to be able to do some of the work myself.

Thanks,

Kevin