Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Damn ... look at the CSL's intake

Thread: Damn ... look at the CSL's intake

Rice. :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    Rice. :roll:
    I saw one go on ebay for well over 3K IIRC.

Alex

I was kidding. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    I was kidding. :-)
    I wasn't. :-)

Alex

Turner sells a replica but you have to go up there to get it custom fitted.

You guys think I could shove my head into that intake hole?
    ~Chris
    '96 328is

I just don't get the CSL at all. :neutral:

I like the idea of the CF roof and door panels for weight and what not... and the cardboard trunk, but WTF is with the race shells without harness holes in them? And WHY SMG? Not like I'd ever own one, but hey, this is the InRTaWeB and I can voice my oppinion.

JD-

I think SMG is good for some people, heck most people. Imagine going approximately 140 mph into a 270 degree turn. Most people will be in fifth gear and you will need to get down to 2nd gear. SMG would allow you to be stupid and downshift while turning -- thus, not upsetting the car.

You would have to be fairly good at H&T to make that turn. Alternatively, you could just stomp the brakes and then shift into 2nd from 5th; but, I like to avoid that since I don't want to do the infamous retarded over-rev.

Thus, I go from 5th to 4th, 4th to third, and third to 2nd ... but, I am not smooth and it costs me a lot of time. But, this way I am SURE that I am not going to over-rev the car b/c I can hear the engine revs.

In SMG ... what I could do, is I could keep clicking on the downshift paddle and it would go into 2nd ONLY when I was in the proper range to. It does not allow you to downshift into a gear if the car would over-rev. Kind of a neat feature. I was definitely faster with SMG than manual. Just b/c it allows you to focus on driving ...

I think even Boris said he was faster with SMG than manual as well.

You should always be in a gear that can move the car. So dropping gears in sequence is good.

Thread Information