Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Track Brake Pads - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Track Brake Pads

Now that I remember, my rear street pads where shot after that weekend at Mid-Ohio.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

I bought some 80% Porterfield R4's for the rear for $40 shipped. Everything I've searched shows they're a comparable pad to the HT-10s.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

FYI, After originally asking this question, I went with Hawk HT-10 all around. I am truly pleased withese pads. Get me to the track and perform great on the track. They dont leave any deposits either.

2004 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by gspot35 View Post
    I bought some 80% Porterfield R4's for the rear for $40 shipped. Everything I've searched shows they're a comparable pad to the HT-10s.
    80% by your meaurement or the seller's? I just measured a new set of R4 at 12mm thick front and 11mm rear. Was the seller unhappy with the performance? I like the R4.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

It was from pbfut, know him? He's gutting his M-coupe.

http://www.pbfut.com/GarageSale/listings.htm

Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Here's is coupe's condition now....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAGbnOKisGM
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by gspot35 View Post
    Thanks for the responses Nick. Could I go with less of a pad in the rear than the HT-10's? Maybe a HP+ like pad? I think your response is going to be, if you're going to change your pads, swap in proper track pads.
    What I'm told is that the HP+ doesn't have a much higher temperature range than normal street pads. It's pretty frigging awesome on the street and for autox (NOTHING outbrakes the HP+ at moderate temperatures), but I'd be concerned about it on track. Also, the HP+ is not a cheap pad, so you're not really saving anything there.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Thread Information