Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
PayPal - Page 2

View Poll Results: Would you use PayPal to pay for driving schools?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I already have a PayPal account.

23 69.70%
  • Yes, if I must.

6 18.18%
  • No, I don't trust it.

4 12.12%
  • What is PayPal?

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PayPal

My experience with paypal has been that if you have a verified account or pay through a bank draft/EFT there is no service charge on the transaction. Is this indeed true with the CCA account?

If that is the case, maybe it would be prudent to increase awareness of how the administrative fees are applied? It may encourage frequent users to create an account?

Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    My experience with paypal has been that if you have a verified account or pay through a bank draft/EFT there is no service charge on the transaction. Is this indeed true with the CCA account?

If that is the case, maybe it would be prudent to increase awareness of how the administrative fees are applied? It may encourage frequent users to create an account?
    Nope. That's true for personal accounts that only accept small amounts of money. Business accounts (needed to take more that a couple hundred) charge fees no matter what the transaction's funding source is.

I believe it's 2.9% plus 0.30/transaction fee to the payee.
    I don't think the payer pays any fees.
    Those fees are refunded to the payee when making a refund.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

How are people going to feel having their credit card charged 2 months before a school? Checks are not cashed until the school weekend. We can't hold charges the same way. Of course we will issue refunds to those who are not accepted as soon as possible.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I think pay pal payment requests should be sent out at time of approval, kind of like the checks being deposited.

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR View Post
    I think pay pal payment requests should be sent out at time of approval, kind of like the checks being deposited.
    That creates double work for everyone.
    Once people are accepted the instructor assignments are made.
    If we had to wait for people to make their payments, that would slow things up. When someone decides not to pay their slot needs to go to someone else. If that someone else has different experience, that causes a problem. If someone didn't want their card to be charged, they would need to send a check.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    That creates double work for everyone.
    Once people are accepted the instructor assignments are made.
    If we had to wait for people to make their payments, that would slow things up. When someone decides not to pay their slot needs to go to someone else. If that someone else has different experience, that causes a problem. If someone didn't want their card to be charged, they would need to send a check.
    I was thinking about this as well, however a check is just a piece of paper and could just as easy bounce and you end up with the same issues. Just a thought but maybe institute a policy that says you have to pay within 2-3 days of acceptance notification, which is what it would take for the check to clear/bounce. This will give everyone enough time to pay as well as enough time to reassign someone if they didn't pay. I am not sure how the board is integrated with PayPal, but I assume there is functionality to blast email addresses with PayPal requests with a click of a button.

Doug as everyone's email addresses who registered.
    Checks do occasionally bounce. Usually it's because we held onto the check so long that people forget that the account was closed.
    I don't mind making more work for myself.
    I can't ask the same of volunteers.
    It's clear this needs more thought.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I am all for quicker notification for the driving schools. I hate to bother anyone to see if my registration was received. I have all kinds of trouble receiving other peoples mail in my mailbox. I just do not trust USPS to get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Sullivan View Post
    I am all for quicker notification for the driving schools. I hate to bother anyone to see if my registration was received. I have all kinds of trouble receiving other peoples mail in my mailbox. I just do not trust USPS to get it right.
    We really can't get notifications out much quicker. Sorry.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I am not so worried about the notification that you are in the course just whether the registrar received my paperwork. I figure if I get it postmarked on the first day I have done everything I can do. I know that you guys will do your best to have as many instructors as you can.

Again I do appreciate the time that everyone invests in organizing these. Hopefully I will get in.

i'd rather send in the checks since we have to mail papers anyway. i'm not a fan of paying fees if i don't have to. i know i won't pay a fee, but a fee will be taken out from the recipient. all these fees add up to money that could be used in the club or event. i do have a paypal acct.
    95 M3, 6-speed, 3.73
    Extensive weight reduction
    Website

Thread Information