Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
PayPal

View Poll Results: Would you use PayPal to pay for driving schools?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I already have a PayPal account.

23 69.70%
  • Yes, if I must.

6 18.18%
  • No, I don't trust it.

4 12.12%
  • What is PayPal?

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PayPal

PayPal

Here's a little unofficial poll.
    Would you use PayPal to pay for driving schools?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Cool

I think we should use Paypal for everything we can purchase on the site. Including parties and DIY's. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Although using PayPal creates another job for someone.
    Guess who.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

where's the option for I might, but don't really care?

If I have to send paperwork in anyway, I'm perfectly happy to deal with a check. But I can certainly see the benefit of making paypal an option.

Quote Originally Posted by hoyabmw View Post
    If I have to send paperwork in anyway, I'm perfectly happy to deal with a check. But I can certainly see the benefit of making paypal an option.
    We would do without sending in the paperwork. In one way it creates more work for the registrar being that he needs to check for more things in the morning at the school. But on the other hand he wouldn't have to open 100 envelopes.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

How would this work? Would we have to send money only after we got admitted? Also, wouldn't you have to raise the admission fee due to pay pal's fees?

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR View Post
    How would this work? Would we have to send money only after we got admitted? Also, wouldn't you have to raise the admission fee due to pay pal's fees?
    One method would be to dim the submit button until paid. This can be done automatically. You would see a PAID on the form just as NCC members may have noticed Chapter member: VERIFIED. It would be double work to have people pay after being accepted. Not everyone who pre-registers mail in their form. For the people that don't trust paypal, we can accept a check before the registration period opens.

We could close registration once we know it's full with a waitlist, but that skews our data because we keep track of how many people applied to the school. Refunds would go out 2 weeks before the school since that is when we no longer change the assignments.

We got over the hump of not everyone owns a computer.
    We can get over PayPal.

It's too soon to think about changing fees.
    And this is all speculation. I am just trying to think things through.
    It is up to the board and more importantly, the registrar.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

One concern is the % that PayPal charges... I know it's small, but I still hate paying it.
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Diriclet View Post
    One concern is the % that PayPal charges... I know it's small, but I still hate paying it.
    depends on if you are willing to accept credit cards or not. if you refuse to accept payments from them then there shouldnt be a charge, as your account wont be converted to a commerical account.

Paypal just increased their fees right?

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...=_display-fees

Personally, I'd be all for not dealing with the paperwork. But I am fine with it as well.

Edit: linky no worky no mo for some reason

-- Jason

Steven could be the l337 H@ck3r that he is and hook up the registration form to use paypal api

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR View Post
    Steven could be the l337 H@ck3r that he is and hook up the registration form to use paypal api
    The message board already works with PayPal. I won't be able to take any credit for that.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I'm glad someone else voted.
    I thought of another way to do this.
    You don't need a PayPal account to use PayPal.
    You can use a credit card using PayPal's website.
    Then people would need to copy their transaction id to their registration form.
    Those who want to pay by check, can print and mail it in.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

To those who don't trust PayPal, you don't need a PayPal account.
    We can use their services to accept VISA, Mastercard, Amex and Discover.
    To those who don't trust PayPal, do you trust anyone online?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information