Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Marking Forum as Read

Thread: Marking Forum as Read

Marking Forum as Read

Not exactly a complaint but just something I noticed.

I used to normally go through most thread on this forum and hence keep up to date with the "new posts" feature. But with the recent addition of News and Classifieds I tend to go to the Quick Links and "Mark Forums Read" to clean out the threads from my list of New Posts.

Works very well.

BUT

When I am in any thread in particular the Recent Thread Listing on the left hand side still shows some threads as unread - as though I had never clicked on the "Mark Forums Read" link.

Just an FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by pranu View Post
    When I am in any thread in particular the Recent Thread Listing on the left hand side still shows some threads as unread - as though I had never clicked on the "Mark Forums Read" link.
    The recent threads block is an aftermarket, sort of speak, addition.
    I guess that is why they are not changing as if you have read them.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Hmmm...

More information..

If I click through the "Recent Threads" to the messages that are unread - it marks them as read (in the forum as well as in the "recent threads" section). (link doesn't seem to be any different that in the main body of the forum itself - so I am guessing there is no funky javascript or other such things causing a separate update in the aftermarket addon db).

BUT if I do the same thing AFTER marking "forums as read" it does not mark them as read... (in the recent threads section only - the forum was already marked read by clicking on "mark forums as read").

Thread Information